Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Organization: Abt Associates
Project Name: USAID Reproductive Health Voucher Program (RHVP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Financial Management/Administration Specialist
Abt Associates is an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries.
About USAID RHVP Project:
The USAID-funded Reproductive Health Voucher Program (RHVP) in Uganda aims to achieve measurable improvements in safe motherhood services by supporting health financing and innovative service delivery models in the private sector.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will support the USAID-funded Reproductive Health Voucher Program Plus (RHVP+) in a wide range of administrative and logistical support to the RHVP+ Project Office in Kampala.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out general clerical duties, to include but not be limited to photocopying, scanning, faxing, filing, and mailing.
- Offer office administrative support including organization and facilitation for internal meetings, drafting agendas, and taking minutes;
- Maintain hard copy and electronic versions of a project archive, including contract and subcontract documents, client approvals, consultant documents, travel files, procurement files, project deliverables, project reports , and minutes of meetings.
- Manage and document correspondences between project offices, the home office, the client, other partners, and stakeholders.
- Update, store, and maintain all personnel files.
- Provide support in new staff orientation, onboarding and other HR initiatives.
- Manage the proper reporting of labor time and ensure the timely submission of electronic and paper timesheets, and the timely completion and submission of Labor Adjustment Forms, when needed.
- Perform translations of simple documents as needed.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, take complete and accurate messages for people who are not available, and ensure they receive the messages.
- Greet and escort guests.
- Purchase, store and distribute office supplies.
- Ensure timely settlement of office bills.
- Manage local procurements for office supplies and other requirements.
- Assist with making logistical arrangements for project events and field activities.
- Make logistical arrangements for project staff traveling outside their region or for international visitors.
- Manage/track petty cash transactions and receipts.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Management, Business, Social Science, or other relevant field.
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant professional experience in office administration.
- Broad working knowledge and experience with Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other data processing and graphical presentation software.
- Proven ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy highly desirable.
- Ability to assess problems and develop solutions.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills and excellent organization skills.
- Preference for candidates who have experience that relates to USAID-funded projects or other international development experience.
- Oral and written English language fluency.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join Abt Associates’ USAID Project should upload their credentials at the web link below.