Organization: Bridge International Academies
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest and fastest-growing chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 400 academies and 120,000 pupils in Kenya and Uganda. We democratize the right to succeed by giving families living in poverty access to the high-quality education that will allow their children to live a very different life. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to standardize and scale every aspect of quality education delivery, from how and where academies are built to how teachers are selected and trained, and how lessons are delivered and monitored for improvement. We are vertically-integrated, tech-enabled, and on our way to profitability. Bridge expects to continue rapid expansion in East Africa, and will be launching operations in Nigeria in September 2015, with India to follow in 2016.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant – Customer Experience will offer support to the Operations team to ensure proper tracking and documentation of all of the department’s ongoing business activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Making our field based operations more effective and efficient by providing relevant support. This includes but is not limited to:
- Responsible for the monitoring and tracking of activities, expenses, and reporting from our field personnel
- Co-ordinating travel funds requests and reconciliations and following up on outstanding advances with our Finance department
- Sending and collating materials to/from field-based staff
- Scanning, compiling, printing, and filing documents as needed
Co-ordinating department-wide projects; this includes but is not limited to:
- Leave Tracking
- Business Card Resupplies
- Operations department event management
- Organizational chart and office seating arrangement
- Supporting the coordination of official Academy visits by investors, officials and other VIPs.
Serving as the assistant and ‘right hand’ to the Customer Experience Director by providing assistance in:
- Responsible for calendar management
- Tracking team objectives and timelines
- Travel Planning and Expense Management
- In charge of the development of PowerPoints and other communication materials
- Licensing/Registration assistance.
- Putting together and managing an electronic file for all registration documents.
- Organizing and sending licensing documents to Area Managers
- Setting up and managing a detailed registration tracker
- Creating and maintaining a government contact tracker
- Coordinating field visits by District staff
- Managing registration budget/Expenditure tracker
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Bridge International Academies Administrative Assistant – Customer Experience job placement should a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university
- A minimum of two years of professional experience
- Willingness to go above and beyond to achieve the highest standard of excellence
- Willingness to travel within Uganda when required (<25% of the time)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Comfortable working with large amounts of data
- Able to sort through extensive information quickly
- Able to learn, master, and implement various processes quickly and accurately
- Aptitude for learning new IT systems/applications
- Willing to work across a wide spectrum of content (multiple programmes)
- Good at multi-tasking
- Willing and skilled at performing administrative functions
- Computer literacy skills i.e. strong mastery of Microsoft Excel
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind – You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in volatile, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging just $6 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand. Every dollar you spend is a dollar our customers, who live on less than $2 a day, will have to pay for.
- A customer advocate – Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A life-long learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates who wish to apply for this vacancy are encouraged to send their updated CVs and cover letters online at the web link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline