Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Organisation: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Finance Officer
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading national humanitarian organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. The ICRC is an International humanitarian institution which has a mandate to protect victims of international and armed conflicts i.e. the wounded, refugees, civilians, prisoners and other non-combatants.
Job Summary: The Accounts Assistant will be responsible for transaction recording and generation of information used for periodic reporting, in compliance with URCS financial guidelines. The incumbent will be responsible for maintaining appropriate accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate financial report are delivered to tight deadlines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct all project banking requirements in accordance with URCS Financial Policy.
- Responsible for writing and issuance of all cheques for the branch, staff and third parties.
- Bank Agent: Responsible for delivering and receiving banking instructions to and from the bank on behalf of the project.
- The Accounts Assistant will also receive, review and process all invoices, requisitions and requests for payment according to the specified procedures.
- Keep safe custody of important documents of the project (cheque books, contracts).
- Provide timely follow ups with the bank on transfer of funds to the branch.
- Give information about funds received, acknowledge receipt of funds and file all acknowledgement letters of funds from donors.
- Provide monthly updates of cheque registers
- Ensure proper financial management in the accounts office in preparation for monthly cash counts and maintain petty cash replenishment.
- Establish and maintain an efficient and accurate filing system.
- Submission of accountabilities to head Quarters one week after activities are done.
- In charge of compiling returns for statutory deductions like NSSF and PAYE
- Provide monthly updates of cheque registers in the branch and at headquarters.
- In charge of the projects petty cash.
- Stamping all paid out requisitions and distributing them to the respective finance managers
- Provide financial information to the financial managers and external auditors.
- In charge of availing transfer letters to the programme managers to have them scanned and forwarded to the branch managers for withdraw of transferred funds and ensure funds are spent within the budgeted figures.
- Perform any other duties as may be allocated from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Uganda Red Cross Society Accounts Assistant (job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Commerce, Accounting or a related field
- The applicant should preferably be qualified Accountant or Part-ACCA/CPA/CFA or associated discipline.
- At least two years prior experience in the areas of financial accounting and reporting gained in a professional practice
- Working knowledge of donor financial accounting procedures
- Familiarity with operations of sub grant partners/community based organizations
- Working knowledge of Navision accounting software
- Excellent computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft excel
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
- High degree of integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement should send their filled application forms, download here and E-mail to: email@example.com or mail via post to: The Secretary General, Uganda Red Cross Society, Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road, P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 18th April 2016 by 5.00pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline