Job Title: Accountant
Reports to: Research Manager
Salary: 2m – 2.5m gross
AON is the leading global provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage and human capital consulting.
Job Summary: The Accountant will support AON’s insurance brokerage company in Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and submit periodic financial reports and annual financial accounts for retirement benefits scheme
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation’s statements and ensures cashbooks agree to general ledger.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly Insurer reconciliation statements and reconciles them to Insurer control accounts
- Prepare insurer outstanding balance listing and marks items due for payment to Insurer’s on monthly basis
- The Accountant will post monthly journals and other necessary journal adjustments
- Prepare monthly aged debtors report and ensure that it agree to the Debtors control accounts.
- Prepare the prepayments and accruals schedules reconcile and ensure that they agree to the general ledger all the time.
- Responsible for setting up new clients in the client database
- Binder /Master Policy fees processing
- Update and maintain the fixed asset register and reconciles to the GL on monthly basis
- Participates in preparation of annual statutory accounts and assists with preparation for annual audit
- Prepare and file monthly employee related income tax i.e. PAYE, NSSF, LST, VAT and WHT returns.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold an Accountancy degree
- Some audit experience (Probably from a small audit firm) is desired
- At least two to three years of post-qualification experience in a similar role
- Working knowledge of Pastel is added advantage
- Professional accounting qualification, at least ACCA or CPA level 2.
- Self-driven and honest.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs via E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 24th April, 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline