Job Title: Finance Manager
Organization: Kampala Hospital
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: CEO
Kampala Hospital is a privately owned hospital that was established in 2007. Our mandate is to bring non-existent services to the country which are sought by many people who frequently move abroad to seek quality medical care.
Job Summary: The Finance Manager will be charged with overseeing the running of the Finance function and ensure efficient use of financial/ human resources affairs therein.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the preparation of budgets and presentation.
- Budgetary monitoring and controls.
- In charge of the preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Preparation and monitoring of daily cash flows
- Ensure effective financial controls are in place.
- Ensure proper costing of healthcare plans.
- Produce monthly creditors and aged debtors lists, monitor and ensure compliance with appropriate practice.
- Ensure proper maintenance of the assets registers and that all assets are appropriately insured.
- Prepare for both internal and external audits and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Prepare and submit annual company returns.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels.
- Be accountable and supervise adherence of staff to minimum standards
- Work as part of multi-disciplinary project team to enable the breaking down of divisional and departmental barriers and to encourage the concept of both internal and external partnership working.
- Significantly contribute to the development and review of Business Plans/Strategies for the company.
- Work closely with the management team to identify opportunities for productivity improvements, via review of organisational structures, streamlining of business processes, continuous improvement, and performance management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s Degree, CPA or ACCA, MBA or Post graduate qualification.
- The Finance Manager should at least have three years’ experience in a senior management position with
- Demonstrated skills in budgeting, monitoring and reporting, production of Management Accounts.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in MS Office (high level)
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their CVs and degrees in a pdf format, which should include details of present position, current remuneration, and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contacts to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please kindly indicate the post title in the subject line when applying by email.
Deadline: 22nd April 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline