Job Title: Public Relations Officer
Organization: National Council for Higher Education (NCHE)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Public Relations and Communications Officer
The National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) was established under “The Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions Act, 2001” for regulating and guiding the establishment and management of institutions of higher learning, regulating the quality of higher education, equating of qualifications and for advising government on higher education issues.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Public Relations Officer will offer support in the planning, developing, managing and implementing PR policies and strategies;
- Assists in liaising with and answering inquiries from the media, individuals and other organizations;
- Renders support in researching, writing and distributing press releases to the media;
- Assists in collating and analyzing media coverage;
- Assists in preparing publicity brochures, handouts, leaflets and other promotional materials;
- Supports the Executive Director in publicity and being assistant spokesperson through the Senior Public Relations Officer.
- Assists in coordinating meetings within the PR Section
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Senior Public Relations and Communications Officer.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Publicity briefs and quarterly reports;
- Work activity plans;
- Assessment and evaluation of media and other PR Reports and guiding on their impact to NCHE mandate;
- PR policies and strategies developed and implemented.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Public Relations Officer should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Communication and Media Studies, Mass Communication or Social Sciences from a recognized institution. Possession of a relevant Masters’ degree from a recognized institution is an added advantage;
- Award in PR from the Chartered Institute of Public Relations is desirable;
- At least two years’ experience in Public Relations;
- Familiarity with publishing;
- Computer literacy skills
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of Higher Education regulations is desirable.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send seven sealed copies of: an application letter; an up-to-date and detailed CV including names and contacts of three credible referees; copies of academic qualifications; and any other relevant documents. Applications should be submitted during office hours (9.00am - 5.00pm) to: The Executive Director, National Council for Higher Education, Plot 34 Cavers Crescent, P.O. Box 76, Kyambogo Uganda, East Africa.
Deadline: 6th May, 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline