Job Title: Packaging Asset Care Engineer
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Operations Engineering Manager
Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, J&B, Windsor, Buchanan’s and Bushmills whiskies, Smirnoff, Ciroc and Ketel One vodkas, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Job Summary: The Packaging Asset Care Engineer will support and implement world class Engineering Standards procedures & guidelines intended to enhance asset care safety, improved efficiency and reduce costs. The incumbent will take lead of the Packaging Engineering section and is responsible for the team of mechanical, electrical and instrumentation engineers and technicians who repair and maintain packaging machinery. The role is focused on holistic repair and maintenance right from resource planning, scheduling execution and evaluation for continuous improvement.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Health & Safety: Ensure (in conjunction with Health and Safety team) that all packaging engineering work is designed, procured and delivered in a safe, managed and lawful manner, compliant with all relevant legislation.
- People Management: Provide line management to both direct and indirect reports including setting and monitoring of personal objectives, mentoring and coaching, performance management and conflict resolution
- Develop asset care strategies and ambitions in line with Diageo and UBL vision and mission and cascade the same to the engineering team
- Prepare and disseminate timely weekly and monthly engineering performance reports (KPIs) to management for analysis and decision support
- Develop zero based repairs and Maintenance budget and justify for approvals.
- Manage R&M spares inventory to reduce average stock out
- Manage packaging engineers daily, weekly and monthly performance reviews meetings and ensure planning and scheduling meetings happen consistently
- Actively engage in engineering Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs) to ensure electrical and instrumentation works both sub contracted and internal are executed in accordance with professional regulations and standards
- Coordinate, monitor and evaluate contracted works or projects to ensure effective execution and handover as well as availability of all technical support documents and necessary user and technical trainings both on site and off the job achieve 100% conformance to maintenance plan
- Manage the use of SAP CMMS to drive effective maintenance planning, manpower utilization, machine criticality analysis, spares management, maintenance records and reporting systems
- Capability Development
- Carry out capability assessment and respective training matrix for Packaging engineering staff
- Develop annual training plan including budgeting and course identification and ensure relevant training and development of engineering staff
- Direct involvement in training & development to extend maintenance of world class standards to production teams
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Diageo Packaging Asset Care Engineer should at least hold a 1st or 2nd upper class engineering degree or an equivalent NEBOSH qualification
- Certificate or Diploma in either brewing or beer packaging technology
- At least three years’ experience in a technical competence area with responsibility for maintenance
- Two years’ experience in management of engineering workforce in a FMCG environment
- Knowledge of world class manufacturing techniques & standards
- Working knowledge of SAP CMMS, environment, H&S and quality systems
- High interpersonal effectiveness to develop and sustain robust relationships
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Excellent verbal skills with the ability to explain complex technical information in clear and simple terms
- Proven ability to prepare precise, concise, accurate and well-presented documents with excellent attention to detail
How to Apply:
If you desire to join the world’s leading premium drinks business, Diageo, in the aforementioned capacity, please click web link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline