Organisation: Barclays Bank UK
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Enterprise Banking
About Barclays UK:
Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers. As of 31 December 2011, Barclays had total assets of US$2.42 trillion, the seventh-largest of any bank worldwide.
Job Summary: The primary purpose of the role in Enterprise Banking is customer acquisition and service in line with the Bank’s compliance guidelines. The incumbent will be responsible for business development both with new customers and with existing customers where they are expected to increase “wallet share.” The jobholder will also be charged with ensuring appropriate introductions to the Relationship Manager where Enterprise Banking clients require specialist advice and support. He /she will also serves as an integral member of the Business Banking/Retail Team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Sales and Service: 90%
- The incumbent will be the primary focal contact for the opening of Enterprise Banking accounts, following the Bank’s recruitment policies and procedures.
- Grow portfolio profitability by identifying new and existing customer potential including sales opportunities and new product promotion initiatives.
- Determine the products and solutions that are most effective in meeting customers’ needs and be able to sell these at short notice both reactively and proactively.
- Proactively generate customer interest in products and services either by face-to-face (in branch and client visits), or telephone contact including following up leads provided by colleagues.
- Originate and initiate client credit applications to the commercial credit team in line with the existing Barclays Africa SME lending guidelines. Clear delivery of lending decisions, demonstrating ownership of the decision, and exploration of alternative solutions to ensure appropriate matching of client needs is critical.
- Carry out customer meetings that have well defined call objectives, desired outcomes and a well-constructed plan.
- Actively communicate all key messages to customers including agreed service standards, negotiated pricing, relationship team contact points
- Handle and find amicable solutions to all customer complaints
- Achieve and seek to exceed all agreed sales and servicing targets.
- Serve as an active member of the Business Banking/Retail team, supporting branch based staff and others in the delivery of excellent customer service.
2. Business Management: 10%
- Plan a personal campaign of sales activity around promotions or initiatives to meet personal objectives and targets.
- Consult customer owners/managers on financial/ credit issues and general business practice/ideas.
- Research, create and follow up on a target list for potential new business
- Work closely with Relationship Managers, Associate Relationship Managers and Credit Managers to ensure that credit applications for new and existing facilities are correctly prepared in accordance with existing policies/guidelines
- Embrace and support the management of change.
- Update/maintain Customer Information and Contact History records.
- Responsible for the continuous development of self and proactively share learning with others.
- Responsible for recording and maintaining personal performance records.
- In charge of control of the quality of the portfolio, using available triggers and adherence to Risk management guidelines and policies
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Small and Medium Enterprise Banker Enterprise Banker Jobs should be well versed with the Bank’s core set products
- For Complex products, will have a detailed knowledge of the requirements of the more sophisticated customers
- Exhaustive working knowledge of the products and services available in the SME Banking Sector is also required
- Working knowledge of the Barclays Africa & Middle East Change Governance Framework will be highly preferred
- Self-sufficiency in personal management in order to ensure that targets are achieved, through effective planning and monitoring of performance.
- The applicant should possess good working knowledge of the challenges faced by a range of different businesses, and of the environment in which SME businesses operate.
- Exceptional relationship and interpersonal skills
- Strong selling and negotiation Skills
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Good relationship Skills
- Credit Risk Skills
- Team Skills
- Excellent communications Skills
How to Apply:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: email@example.com
Deadline: 26th April, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline