Job Title: Bookkeeper
Organisation: Amatheon Agri
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Head of Quality Assurance
Amatheon Agri Holding N.V. is a German based agribusiness and food company developing and operating sustainable businesses in Sub-Saharan Africa. Amatheon Agri Uganda Ltd. was established in 2013 and is successfully expanding its large scale farming operations within Nwoya District. The objective of the Outgrower Business Model is to create a business partnership between us as a large-scale agribusiness and small-scale producers surrounding our operations. We aim to reach this goal by providing agricultural and business educational training, a market for inputs and outputs as well as access to capital.
Job Summary: The Bookkeeper will be responsible for the creation of financial transactions including posting information to accounting journals from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices. The bookkeeper also reconciles accounts to ensure their accuracy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will receive cash from the finance office and pay customers
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system in the office
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Carry out periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Maintain the petty cash fund to pay suppliers
- The incumbent will calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Pay any debt as it comes due for payment
- Keenly monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Issue invoices to customers
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should at least hold a bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or its equivalent
- At least two years’ experience in a busy finance department.
- Broad working knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Computer literacy skills i.e. Ms Word, Excel, Financial packages and Internet
- Excellent grasp of the English language: verbal and written.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to pre-empt and resolve mathematical problems. Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 27th April 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline