Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Organization: Plan International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Programme Area Finance Manager (PAFM)
Plan International is an international non-profit and the largest child centered development organizations in the world. It was founded over 75 years ago and working in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan’s vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people’s rights and dignity. Plan International is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations.
Job Summary: The Assistant Accountant will be responsible for providing timely and reliable information to maintain accurate records of financial transactions through establishing accounts and posting transactions in the accounting system for Lira Program.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will reconcile the receipt record with cash receipts and the bank deposit slip.
- Process invoices in SAP.
- Prepare cheques to accompany the corresponding payment - voucher.
- The jobholder will also stamp payment vouchers and all supporting documents as ‘paid’ as per operation.
- Prepare payments on the Business on-line system.
- Capture all transactions into the SAP as per Plan International’s procedures.
- Execute mobile money payments.
- Maintain payment voucher files in numerical order.
- Attend to daily requests for payment of all Program Unit Staffs.
- Ensure proper custody of the embossing machine and paid stamps.
- Prepare and submit target balance and finance statistics reports.
- Adhere to the Child Protection Policy, Code of Conduct and reporting any CPP issues.
- Implement the CPP standards as they apply to area of responsibility, development of actions to address identified gaps and monitoring their effectiveness.
- Understand the sponsorship commitments and support Plan Uganda team at all times to work with them and meet the commitment to SCs and sponsors.
- The jobholder will make payment for a project Outline and analyse its linkage to a grant in SAP.
- Work closely with the PAFM to produce reliable information by maintaining record of financial transaction for Lira Program Area.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Business Administration with Accounting major
- Part professional qualification in accountancy e.g. CPA or ACCA.
- At least two years working experience as Assistant Accountant in a busy organization preferably with an NGO.
- Computer literacy skills with ability to work with spread sheets, accounting software packages such as SUN, Tally, Sage
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates should send their electronic copies (of not more than 2MB) of letters of application, together with a CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant certificates, names and contact details of three references plus salary history should be included to: The Country Human Resources Manager, Plan Uganda via Email to: email@example.com, indicating the job position in the subject line.
Deadline: 19th April, 2016
NB: Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful in case you do not hear from us by
31st April 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline