Job Title: Engineering Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Supply and operations manager
Total is a leading energy player on the international stage. Our facilities are located in various regions of the world, as are our shareholders. In 2012, we reorganized our operations to optimize their growth and development. Total is the fifth-largest publicly-traded integrated international oil and gas company in the world.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure appropriate work procedures/instructions are in place and develop new ones where necessary
- Provide inputs in annual maintenance and investment budget
- Ensure and check that the investment budget commitments are within estimated results.
- Actively participate in the tendering process of the company by providing drawings, technical specifications, bills of quantities etc on projects and other works in the company
- Optimize the maintenance and investment costs/expenses
- Provide technical inputs in the assessment of spares and equipment to be ordered by the procurement section
- Provide cost estimates of woks related to investments to sales department for profitability analysis and to legal office for insurance Plan and ensure proper site works supervision, norms adherence and safety requirements
- Evaluate and check all invoices/ certificates of works executed
- Coordinate works at company leased/rented premises/residences.
- Provide, organise and manages maintenance plans for all depots, service stations, offices, LPG plant and consumer sites.
- Provide technical guidelines to subordinates and management
- Supervise civil, mechanical and electrical contractors, while carrying out new construction, installation of equipment at company or clients sites.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Total Engineering Manager should hold a Degree in Engineering with a minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role
- Broad working knowledge in multi-engineering fields
- Good management and leadership skills.
- Good knowledge in budgets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
If you are interested in working Total Oil Company, please send your updated CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NB: Please clearly indicate the Job title in the subject line and ensure the attached files should not exceed 1MB.
Deadline: 18th April 2016 by 4:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline