Job Title: Director Operations
Organisation: Wazalendo SACCO
Duty Station: Bombo, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Wazalendo Savings and Credit Co-Operative Society Limited (SACCO) is an Institutional SACCO composed of UPDF personnel, their families, Reserve Forces and Staff of Ministry of Defence (MOD). It is affiliated to Uganda Co-operative Savings and Credit Union Ltd (UCSCU) and Uganda Co-operative Alliance (UCA).
Job Summary: The Director Operations will be a hands-on and participative manager and will steer and develop an internal team to support the following areas: Credit and Banking, Information Communication Technology, and Risk and Compliance. Assists the CEO in; the development of organization policies and goals that cover Credit and banking, ICT and Risk and Compliance departments, and growth of these functions and/or business units
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of ensuring financial targets and other agreed targets are met
- Responsible for reviewing working practices to ascertain if it is successful anc if not, devise an alternative
- Ensure timely and orderly disbursements of loans
- Provide leadership and strategic vision to the team
- Manage a quality loan portfolio, recoveries and ensure minimum loan loss
- Ensure that all risks both in the system and processes are mitigated.
- Oversee product innovations and marketing
- Ensure safety regulations are followed
- In charge of ensuring the business operates within the company's mission statement
- Investigate customer complaints towards services and ensure redress.
- Conducting any other related tasks that may be assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Master’s Degree or its equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics or management.
- At least five years’ experience in similar position preferably from a banking environment
- Skills in production planning, managing processes, process improvements, supervision, controls excellent communication.
- Age: 40 years and above.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should submit letters of applications specifying their fields of study together with a C.V, current contact number (s), copies of relevant certificates, names and details of three references to;
The Head of Human Resource,
Wazalendo SACCO Ltd,
P.O. Box 27251, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 20th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline