Job Title: Corporate Capability Manager
Organisation: Democratic Governance Facility (DGF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Programme (HoP)
Democratic Governance Facility (DGF) was established by eight of Uganda’s International Development Partners including Austria, Denmark, EU, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden and the UK to manage coherent, harmonized and coordinated multi-donor support to state and non-state actors aimed at enhancing democratic governance in Uganda. It is based upon three components: Deepening Democracy; Rights, Justice and Peace; and Voice & Accountability.
Job Summary: The Corporate Capability Manager will support the Head of Programme (HoP) in achieving a step change in the DGF PMU’s corporate and partnership management capabilities. This will involve working with, and coordinating Component, Finance and RCU team efforts to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of partnership management procedures; to refine PMU management information systems, and ensure office-wide adoption of the same. The CCM will also provide secretariat support to the DGF Steering Committee (SC) and Senior Management Team (SMT), as well as acting as Executive Assistant to the HoP.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Corporate management capability: Ensure that the Senior Management Team has the management information and systems it needs to track and report progress with respect to delivery against these and other corporate objectives set out in the WAB.
- Secretariat support to SMT: Establish Terms of Reference (TOR) for the SMT and its Working Groups, defining their role, scope of work, and work schedules as appropriate.
- Secretariat support to the Steering Committee: Support the HoP in setting the annual calendar and agenda for routine SC meetings, ensuring PMU corporate accountability and reporting responsibilities are met in a timely manner.
- Partnership management capability: Work as “one PMU” to consolidate and improve DGF’s Partnership Management systems, identifying opportunities to streamline business processes; upgrade and standardize management information systems; and minimize duplication of effort for PMU staff and our IPs.
- Change Management: Take lead in the development of a culture of continuous improvement and learning within the PMU, taking steps to communicate and support the introduction and adoption by staff of agreed changes in job functions and ways of working.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold an advanced degree in Management studies, Organisational Development, Business Administration or any other relevant field
- Additional training in Corporate Governance, Project Planning and Management, Change Management, Business Process Re-engineering etc.
- At least eight years of professional experience at a Senior Managerial Level
- Significant experience in grant management, relationship handling and corporate representation
How to Apply:
All candidates should send an updated curriculum vitae, academic and professional certificates along with the names and contacts of three referees to: The Director, Future Options Consulting Ltd, 4th Floor, Diamond Trust Building, Kampala Road, P.O. Box 34934, Kampala, Uganda by courier or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Please include the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
Deadline: 9th May, 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline