Job Title: Coordinator Resource Mobilization
Organisation: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Secretary General
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading national humanitarian organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. The ICRC is an International humanitarian institution which has a mandate to protect victims of international and armed conflicts i.e. the wounded, refugees, civilians, prisoners and other non-combatants.
Job Summary: The Coordinator Resource Mobilization will mainly be responsible for fundraising and mobilizing resources for the National Society. This position plays a key role in the determination of URCS resource mobilization goals, plans and Budgets. The position holder will ensure that all possible ways of fundraising are utilized in line with the Mandate of the URCS in this country. The incumbent will also initiate, develop, implement and monitor all resource mobilization activities both at National and Branch level and in line with URCS approved strategies and guidelines with the aim of attaining sustainability and self-reliance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Resource Mobilization:
- The jobholder will develop strategic fund-raising/resource mobilization work plans and budgets for URCS at both National and Branch level.
- Develop, implement and manage the fund-raising / resource mobilization activities and projects for the National Society.
- Co-ordinate, monitor and support all fund-raising/resource mobilization projects.
- Responsible for planning and budgeting for required financial resources.
- The incumbent will launch fundraising appeals to pertinent stakeholders on behalf of the URCS to support it with resources to enhance the humanitarian cause.
- Ensure good corporate and private resource mobilization relationships.
- Initiate and manage business Income Generating Activity projects.
- Work closely with Program Managers to organize events geared towards raising resources for the region and the National Society at large
- Initiate/build relationships with possible partners for increased support for URCS
2. Financial Management:
- In charge of planning for the required resources for resource mobilization activities.
- Be accountable for the effective utilization and accounting of all resources in your custody.
3. Planning, Budgeting and Reporting:
- Responsible for the initiation and drawing of budgets for the National Resource Mobilisation activities.
- Responsible for generating and compiling of quarterly and annual activity reports for Resource Mobilisation / Fundraising Department.
Key Result Areas:
- Acquisition of new funds from the non- traditional Red Cross Donors
- Establishment of new partnerships with potential funders
- Increased funding from the private & corporate sectors.
- Increased unrestricted income for Uganda Red Cross Society.
- Established and consolidated Income Generating Activities for URCS
- Established database of URCS Donors.
- Development of business projects that generate income to URCS
- Support Branches in Resource Mobilisation
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Uganda Red Cross Society Coordinator Resource Mobilization career opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Project Management & Planning, International Business Administration or related field
- Possession of a Post Graduate qualification in Marketing, Public Relations, BBA or a related field.
- Additional professional qualification or certification to a relevant international professional association
- At least five years’ experience as a Resource Mobilisation Manager /Officer preferably in a humanitarian or business organisation
- Excellent track record of managing relationships and contacts with Corporate, Business and Media Sectors.
- Competences and skills in resource mobilization/fundraising
- Broad working knowledge of the Society’s ideology, values, principals and the activities carried out in the national service delivery network.
- Good networking skills
- Innovative person with high sense of conceptualization of issues and opportunities.
- High level of resilience and endurance.
- Proven Integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure with limited supervision.
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Keen attention to detail.
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement should send their filled application forms, download here and E-mail to: email@example.com or mail via post to: The Secretary General, Uganda Red Cross Society, Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road, P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 18th April 2016 by 5.00pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline