Job Title: Commercial Manager - Print
Organization: Monitor Publications Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Commercial
Monitor Publications Limited, a Nation Media Group Company is Uganda’s most influential media house, operating The Daily Monitor, Saturday Monitor and Sunday Monitor newspapers, 93.3KFM, 90.4 Dembe FM, Nation Couriers and the Monitor Business Directory.
Job Summary: The Commercial Manager - Print will be in charge of formulating and coordinating strategic advertising plans and to implement them to ensure growth of print advertising, revenues and advertising market share of Monitor Publications. The position will entail optimizing MPL profitability and market share by achievement of short, mid and long term revenue objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of the design and implementation of strategies that grow the sector through customer growth and retention across all sectors and drive revenue growth.
- Design the digital business strategy and sales plans to ensure profitability of all digital platforms.
- Organizes regular Business Mangers meetings to review sales progress and provide leadership to ensure the highest degree of retention, morale and discipline.
- Builds and maintains close working relations with top notch customers including agencies and grow both revenues and market share
- Work closely with the Managing Editors (Print and Digital) to ensure rich editorial content that drives circulation and advertising revenues
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the General Manager - Commercial.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Commercial Manager - Print should hold a bachelor’s degree in any business-related course or equivalent business or sales management. Possession of an MBA will be an added advantage
- A minimum of five years of relevant sales management experience in an FMCG industry as well as proof of meeting targets, two years at management level.
- Computer literacy skills
- Ability to develop and communicate a clear strategy
- Strong proposal writing skills
- Strong customer focus
- High business acumen
- High personal standards
- Results oriented
- Strong communication (oral & written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
All candidates who are suitably qualified and interested are encouraged to send their applications, detailed CVs and copies of academic documents with a daytime telephone number to:
The Head of Human Resource, Monitor Publications Ltd.,
P.O. Box 12141,
Or via E-mail to: email@example.com
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 28th April 2016