Job Title: Capacity Building and Advocacy Coordinator
Organisation: World Vision International
Project Name: ACCRA Consortium
Reports to: National Program Coordinator
Duty Station: Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Capacity Building and Advocacy Coordinator will oversee and coordinate the planning, implementation and documentation of capacity building and advocacy activities through engaging local governments, enhance dialogue between local and central governments and other development partners especially consortium members, and assist local governments in using the evidence produced by the ACCRA research.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the development of local government and consortium member’s organization capacity building strategy for climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction using the scoping and diagnosis studies and findings from the ACCRA research.
- Provide follow ups and support for the implementation of the capacity building strategies within the local governments and consortium members for integrating ACCRA initiated and tested innovations to enhance community resiliency.
- Co-supervise and manage both International and local consultants to carry out the scoping and diagnosis studies/baselines on existing capacity building approaches and planning processes at the district level
- Work in liaison with the international and local capacity building consultants to develop capacity building materials and facilitate capacity building training at district level.
- Ensure overall integration of the capacity building programme, specifically ensuring joint planning, joint monitoring and shared learning with government and development partners with a focus on consortium members.
- The incumbent will document and disseminate the lessons learned: success stories, video scripts, blogs etc. at local government to influence national and regional policy and practice.
- Provide regular updates on the project’s progress as requested by the National coordinator.
- Participate and co-facilitate meetings, training, workshops and events organized by the project.
- Coordinate and organize exchange and field visits to the field with key government and consortium staff within country and ACCRA countries.
- Support the national Coordinator to organize regional and international meetings involving policy makers (government, civil society, and other key actors).
- Support the production of key research and capacity building topics, policy recommendations, and video statements and technical briefing papers.
- Ensure timely consolidation of monthly reports and submitted to the National Programme Coordinator.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the National Program Coordinator.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the World Vision Capacity Building and Advocacy Coordinator opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in a social science, environmental studies / natural science, Science education or related field from a recognized University. Possession of a Master’s Degree in any of the above is an added advantage
- Broad working knowledge and experience in working on policy development and capacity building - this includes use of methodologies that maximize performance for climate change adaptation, DRR, sustainable LH’s and SP.
- Broad technical knowledge and understanding of community based climate change adaptation and DRR, sustainable livelihoods, social protection as well as natural resource management
- Strong knowledge / experience in results-based management and results-oriented approach to project implementation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with analytic capacity and ability to synthesize project outputs and relevant findings for the preparation of quality papers and reports.
- Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in software applications like Microsoft Office
- Maturity and confidence in dealing with senior and high ranking members of national and international institutions, government and non-government organizations; ability to deal with politically sensitive issues.
- Result driven, ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
NB: This Position is open to Ugandan Nationals only.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
NB: Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 25th April 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline