Job Title: Business Intelligence Analyst
Organisation: Numida Technologies
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Numida Technologies is a digital financial services company based in Kampala, Uganda. Our goal is to unlock financing to the 22 million African small businesses who need it. We are building a mobile application called TrackApp that helps entrepreneurs keep track of their finances for the purpose of making evidence-based decisions. In addition, these financial track records are channeled to lending institutions in Uganda who are looking to finance small businesses, and who require real business data about prospective borrowers. We are launching a pilot with 200 small businesses in Kampala in 2016 that will test a core set of TrackApp features with our target user.
Job Summary: The Business Intelligence Analyst will fill the first full-time business intelligence and data analysis role in the company. For this reason, we are looking for an experienced analyst that will provide leadership and immediately add value in this area. The Business Intelligence Analyst will maintain business intelligence systems at Numida and work with various key staff (Product Development Manager, User Acquisition Manager, Data Analyst, CTO, and CEO) to develop design specifications that meet their analysis and reporting needs. The successful candidate will develop, maintain and use BI tools to develop data models and deliver reporting solutions according to their requirements. The Business Intelligence Analyst will play a critical role in ensuring that the needs of TrackApp users are met by helping Numida build a sophisticated understanding of what draws users to TrackApp and helps them to develop a strong record-keeping habit. The incumbent will also play a focal role in ensuring that the needs of Numida’s Partner Financial Institutions are met, by helping to create streamlined financial profiles that will inform their lending decisions regarding TrackApp users looking to take out loans. Finally, the Business Intelligence Analyst will help to identify opportunities to improve operational processes and drive business efficiency based on rigorous analytical examination.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work alongside management to provide meaningful intelligence to support planning, decision making and reporting
- Support various staff in the company by providing clarification of available data and providing technical support in obtaining requested data across multiple sources
- Create, maintain and support custom reports and ad-hoc queries that utilize a variety of reporting tools and languages
- Design, develop and test reports & dashboards
- Carry out data retrieval and data validation
- Extract complex data from multiple sources into usable and meaningful reports and analyses
- Design, develop and test high-quality Extract, Transformation and Load (ETL) processes, programs and scripts
- Troubleshoot data integration issues and bugs, analyze reasons for failure, implement optimal solutions, and revise procedures and documentation as needed
- Offer timely support and training of colleagues as needed for BI tools and data models
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, information technology, data processing, mathematics, statistics, business administration, or related field
- One to three years’ experience in ETL development, dashboard creation, report designing, and business requirement gathering
- Previous experience in translating business requirements into Data Warehouse, ETL, and BI technical design
- Expert knowledge of relational databases and data warehouse modeling and related technology. Skills in writing complex SQL queries is a must.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Broad knowledge and understanding of data through measurement, reporting, analytics, in addition to experience in business intelligence
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Java, Python, or Visual Basic
- Previous experience with Business Intelligence software/tools like IBM Cognos, SAP Business Objects, Oracle BI, Tableau, Microsoft BI, SAS BI, etc.
- Understanding of analytical processes for understanding user acquisition, engagement and retention like user segmentation, funnel analysis, and A/B testing
- Ability to deliver under pressure, own/organize/prioritize workload to handle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- Service orientation, i.e. a high commitment to meeting the needs of customers & colleagues and delivering stellar service
- Strong attention to detail and passion for excellence
- Strong work ethic and persistence in overcoming challenges to accomplish goals
- Broad understanding of general financial concepts like credit profit & loss drivers for financial institutions, as well as predicting factors of creditworthiness in Ugandan small businesses is desired
- Working knowledge of credit risk management theory, strategies, processes and techniques used to lower the cost of loan assessments and maintain or improve loan portfolio performance is also desired
- Previous experience with Python-based numerical analysis packages like NumPy and Pandas is desired
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative start-up environment
NB: The assignment that we are currently recruiting for a period of 6 months.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to send an updated CV, a brief motivation letter, and copy of national ID to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Last_Name, First_Name – Business Intelligence Analyst” in the email subject line. All application materials should be in English, written directly by the candidate.
Deadline: Friday, 29th April 2016 by 11:59 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline