Job Title: Business Channels Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Business Growth and Development Manager
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank's regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The Business Channels manager will take lead and oversee the Delivery channels function in UGAFODE. Microfinance Limited (MDI). The position shall be responsible for development and Implementation of UGAFODE’s channel Strategy in alignment with the company Strategic Plan to include channels such as: Mobile Banking, Agency Banking, POS, ATMs, payment terminals, internet banking, Digital Field Applications others as identified.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Channel Development.
- Develop Business’ Channels strategy to guide growth and use of electronic channels.
- Identify and Propose new channels for exploration and implementation.
- The incumbent will develop a Channels Selection and Implementation Methodology for Channel Initiatives.
- D Project Lead all Channels projects through Concept, Assessment, Planning, Implementation, Piloting, Transition to operations and Post Implementation Review.
- Identify and explore strategic partnerships on Channels e.g. bills collections, valued-added services on payments.
- Develop proposals and business cases for funding opportunities of channel initiatives.
- Roll out channels to branches and to customers.
- Drive Channels targets to increase signups, usage, and transaction volumes.
2. Channel Operations & Support:
- Work closely with the technology team to ensure the core infrastructure (i.e. core banking system, network infrastructure, connectivity, liquidity, reporting) is available to support daily channel operations;
- Manage Error handling and customer Complaints. a Manage Channel risk and Challenges and identify mitigations.
- The incumbent will manage Agent Liquidity needs.
- Management Settlement and Reconciliation
3. Stakeholder Engagement:
- Build and maintain close working relationship with related units e.g. Operations, Business Development, IT, Finance, Branches on addressing/closing Channels service requests.
- Relationship management of vendors and other 3rd party providers of Channel Solutions.
- Engage with Industry partners to seek mutual benefits channel business and operations e.g. Partnering with other MFIs to negotiate reduced telecom charges for customers
4. Procedures and Compliance:
- Develop and strengthen the policies, procedures, and controls of the institution relating to electronic channels.
- Prepare new procedures when launching new channels in liaison with the organization’s operations department.
- Comply with regulatory requirements and guidelines for channel initiatives.
5. Planning, monitoring and reporting:
- Direct the preparation of the channels annual work plan and budget.
- Regularly monitor and report channels performance on a daily basis. a Analyze channel usage and adoption statistics to identify trends & recommend strategies for correction.
6. Capacity Building
- Provide effective training to Staff on Channel Products
- Evaluate, monitor, and support the development of human resource capacity to manage the channels.
- Mentor and supervise Staff in the Channels Unit.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Business Administration and/or related fields is required. Masters or MBA is an added advantage;
- At least five years’ experience in the banking, microfinance and electronic channels /or branchless banking, preferably with significant operational experience in digital channels and agency network management;
- Project management experience: detail and process oriented. Ability to motivate and develop staff;
- Broad knowledge and understanding of financial services and banking, knowledge of electronic channels, digital finance and agency (branchless) banking.
How to Apply:
The ideal candidate should send their applications which should include a cover letter and an up to date detailed a CV, certified copies of complete academic transcripts and professional certificates. Your applications should include names of three professional referees and a day time telephone contact. Send them to:
Human Resource Manager,
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI),
Silva Arcade, Plot 62 Bombo Road,
P.O. Box 30815, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 10th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline