Job Title: Behavioral Economist
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation was founded in the Netherlands over 50 years ago and has built a long-term, local presence in 38 countries across Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of advisors use their specialist expertise in Agriculture, Renewable Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene to contribute to solving some of the leading problems facing the world today. SNV has been working in Uganda since 1989 and is currently working in 108 districts. Our advisory services are in line with Ugandan policies and are tailored for specific Ugandan organisations, enterprises and districts. SNV would like to implement an anticipated WASH Programme.
Job Summary: The Behavioral Economist will be responsible for managing behavior change/demand creation activities related to expanding key hygiene behaviors at home, school, and health facilities. The jobholder will provide strategic, technical, and managerial guidance to the Project in collaboration with the project manager. The incumbent will be expected to design high quality project interventions and assessments in collaboration with the third party evaluator. S/he will also be expected to build local capacity of selected entities in the design, implementation and evaluation of SBCC programming.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Master’s degree in Psychology, Communication, Marketing, Business, Economics, or related field, or a Bachelor’s degree with at least five years of additional relevant experience (for a total of 10 years of minimum experience when also considering below bullet which requires 5 years)
- At least five years of demonstrated success in generating innovative and effective behaviour change or marketing solutions, preferably in Uganda;
- Significant experience working on water, sanitation, and hygiene activities a plus, but not required
- Broad working knowledge and implementation of behavior change theory
- Creativity and entrepreneurial outlook.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply by sending a motivation letter, an updated Curriculum Vitae, names and contact details of three professional referees via E-mail to
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 19th April 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline