Job Title: Community Developmment Facilitator / Assessment and Design Facilitator (Several Career Jobs)
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Program Coordinator
Duty Station: Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Community Development Facilitator / Assessment and Design Facilitator will offer technical guidance to the WVU programmes and project assessments and designs, program/project planning, operations research and documentation in line with WV policies, standards and strategy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will facilitate capacity building of programme ADP/ Project staff and partners on WV Assessment, Design, operations research and documentation, and development programming approaches.
- Oversee and facilitate assessment and designing of new projects/Programmes
- Carry out the collection of primary and secondary data, and analysis to inform assessment for potential interventions in the target communities; special studies/operation research studies required to improve WV Uganda programs.
- Lead project staff, partners and target communities/beneficiaries in participatory program assessment and design approaches; coordinate implementation of LEAP Assessment and DPA processes according to WV LEAP framework.
- Develop and administer Assessment and design TORs and data tools
- Develop quality assessment report and Provisional design document
- Compile Critical path step reports to inform evidence based decision making at program levels; and for use in preparation of program design.
- Facilitate participation and engagement of community, partners and government during assessment and design processes.
- Document best practices, lesson learned and success stories about WV Uganda programs and project interventions in the Cluster.
- Take lead in the review, learning and reflection meetings in programme’s ADPs on program/projects implementation, and evaluations
- Establish program indicator M&E databases; as well as the programme level standardized M&E indicator database in preparation for Project monitoring as aligned to the NO Strategy results framework.
- Responsible for the overall financial management of the programmes assessment process and to ensure that expenditures are kept within the approved budgets.
- Carry out an evaluation of the entire assessment & design processes and facilitate feedback sessions with partners for ownership of the design process.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the World Vision Community Development / Assessment and Design Facilitator jobs should hold Bachelor’s degrees in a development discipline.
- A minimum of three years relevant with international organizations in assessment / research, design, monitoring and evaluation and reporting on complex (development) programs.
- Broad working knowledge and experience with a range of design tools and assessment techniques, including ability to develop effective systems for data collection, analysis and dissemination.
- Excellent command of MS Excel, and working knowledge of at least two statistical data management packages/software (quantitative & qualitative) e.g., SPSS, Nvivo/Nudist,
- Ability to work in a team and be prepared to lead and train subordinates
- Ability to work with inter-disciplinary teams and a wide range of program/project activities.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
NB: This Position is open to Ugandan Nationals only.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
NB: Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 27th April 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline