Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Project: Resiliency through Wealth, Agriculture, and Nutrition in Karamoja (RWANU)
Funding Source: USAID
Reports to: Regional Administrative Officer
Duty Station: Uganda
About USAID RWANU Project:
ACDI/VOCA is an international NGO that is currently implementing the USAID-funded PL 480 Title II Development Food Assistance Program entitled “Resiliency through Wealth, Agriculture, and Nutrition in Karamoja (RWANU).” The RWANU Program aims to reduce food insecurity among vulnerable rural populations in selected sub-counties of Amudat, Moroto, Napak and Nakapiripirit. The Program’s strategic objectives are (1) improved availability and access to food and (2) reduced malnutrition in pregnant and lactating mothers and children under five. The RWANU Program takes a preventive approach to reducing malnutrition, focusing on the first 1,000 days of life when conditional food rations will have the highest impact. RWANU promotes diversified livelihoods strategies including linkages to market opportunities to ensure long-term food security and resilience to food insecurity shocks.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will support the Regional Administrative Officer in conducting daily operational tasks associated with ACDI/VOCA administration and procurement functions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Administration Duties;
- Supervising maintenance and upkeep of program office
- Maintaining assets and assets inventories
- The jobholder will also scan and photocopy documents as and when required
- In charge of filing and maintaining the records of the office
- Schedule and cancel meetings and appointments as required, using proper judgment as to time and location
- Receive incoming and outgoing mail and dispatch accordingly
- The incumbent will ensure that switchboard is working efficiently and any faults are reported within reasonable time
- Maintain internal telephone directory and list of outgoing calls
- Ensure that the reception area is clean and well organized at all times
- Oversee front office inquiries and attend to them accordingly
- Receive and direct visitors to appropriate office.
2. Procurement Duties;
- Render support in the processing of requisitions into purchase orders and any resulting change order
- Maintain and update the vendor database
- Prepare and submit a monthly property status report
- Update the Procurement Tracker
- Keenly monitor, record and report on optimal supply of stationery, office equipment, furniture and other amenities for performance of program work
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the USAID RWANU Project Administrative Assistant career placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Business Administration or any other related field
- At least three years’ experience working with international NGOs, preferably in Karamoja.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Computer literate especially in software of Microsoft Office and excel
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Language: Fluent written and spoken English language skills are a must. NgaKarimojong language skills highly desirable.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who desire to work in the USAID RWANU Project should send their applications (only by e-mail) addressed to the Human Resources Manager attaching their application letters and CV to email@example.com
NB: Women are encouraged to apply as ACDI/ VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
Deadline: 28th April 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline