Organisation: Protecting Families Against HIV/AIDS (PREFA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Accountant
Protecting Families Against HIV/AIDS (PREFA) is an indigenous Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that was formed to contribute to Uganda’s efforts in enhancing access to quality HIV/AIDS prevention, care, treatment, and support services to families with a historical focus on Elimination of Mother-to-Child Transmission (eMTCT) of HIV. PREFA has secured funding for interventions against Commercial Sex Exploitation of Children (CSEC), targeting the areas of Kampala and Wakiso.
Job Summary: The Accounts Assistant – CSEC will offer support to the finance function for the smooth operation of PREFA’s programs and activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support in the finance department in the preparation of annual budgets for the organization.
- Prepare periodic financial statements and support the department to produce consolidated financial statements/reports for submission to management, board of trustees, donors and other stakeholders.
- Manage the filing of all accounting records (vouchers and supporting documents) that are in use and those forming the archives.
- Ensure that all cash and cheque transactions are correctly recorded.
- The jobholder will manage the preparation of journal entries and initial them before forwarding for approval.
- Update all books of accounts and balance them with the general ledger on a regular and timely basis and ensure that reconciliation statements are prepared on time.
- Ensure reconciliation of computerized records with manual records of debtors, creditors, contingency and other liability accounts and follow up errors.
- Cross-check all expenditure vouchers to certify their genuineness, review all project payments and preparation of cheques and ensure proper utilization and accountability of all funds.
- Provide timely draft accountability statements/monthly reports for review.
- Render support in the preparations for audits and to provide timely and satisfactory responses to all audit queries, comments and recommendations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Accounts Assistant – CSEC should hold a B.Com or BBA Accounting plus Professional Qualification in Accounting (ACCA or CPA).
- A minimum of four years’ work experience with two years in donor-funded organizations.
- Broad working knowledge and understanding of financial accounting procedures, multi-donor reporting as required by agencies like CDC, USAID, DFID grants rules and regulations
- Familiarity with the Government of Uganda accounting requirements.
NB: Those who applied for this vacancy in March 2016 need not re-apply.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send a current detailed CV, application letter, copies of testimonials and certificates; and three professional references with telephone and email contacts to:
The Executive Director,
Protecting Families Against HIV/AIDS (PREFA),
Plot 71, Lithuli Avanue Bugolobi,
P.O Box 25769, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: Friday, 29th April 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline