Job Title: Accountant
Organization: South Eastern Private Sector Promotion Enterprise Ltd (SEPSPEL)
Funding Source: United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
Duty Station: Wakiso, Uganda
Reports to: Finance and Administrative Manager (FAM)
South Eastern Private Sector Promotion Enterprise Ltd (SEPSPEL) evolved from Busia Private Sector Promotion Centre, which was established in 1998 by the Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development (MoFPED) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) as a GoU/UNDP programme which ended in 2002. We target Vulnerable Households with interventions including; Livelihoods, Education, Child Protection, Health, Water and Sanitation. We also build the capacities of the Private Sector through trainings, mentorship and on job coaching. In Partnership with Catholic Relief Services (CRS), we will be implementing two OVC projects; Sustainable Outcomes for Children and Youth (SOCY) and DREAMS in Wakiso and Gomba Districts.
Job Summary: The Accountant will be mainly responsible for project budgeting, asset management and general financial management and reporting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure smooth cash flow to finance project activities and operations
- The jobholder will manage the transaction processing systems which produce information for the control of planned activities and operations;
- Ensure legality and regularity in the use of funds;
- Ensure value for money in all financial transactions.
- Prepare and submit timely financial Reports in line with donor, SEPSPEL and the International Accounting Standards.
- Manage a computerized financial system for the projects
- File and submit statutory returns including but not limited to Payee, NSSF, and Local service tax
- Prepare monthly Bank reconciliation statements for all the bank accounts by the 5th day of every month to be authenticated by the CEO and be filed.
- Manage the project audit process both internal and external
- Maintain up to date staff monthly payroll
- Maintain up-to-date asset register for the projects
- Build the capacity of staff on the required Company and donor accounting guidelines and procurement processes
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Microfinance, accounting and any related field.
- A minimum of four years’ experience and practical knowledge in accounting and finance in a busy environment
- Professional accounting course i.e CPA and CCA at least level 2.
- Previous experience working in a development project environment
- Excellent skills in computer packages such as Excel and Bush-soft, Tally, QuickBooks etc
- Age: Between 25-37 years old
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications which should include the following documentation:
- Application letter clearly specifying the position, salary history and duty station
- Updated Curriculum Vitae/Resume;
- Copies of certified Academic Transcripts and any relevant trainings
- Names, contact numbers, and addresses of three (3) professional references.
Address your application to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
South Eastern Private Sector Promotion Enterprise Limited (SEPSPEL)
Plot 10 Ogoola Road,
P.O. Box 62 Busia, Uganda.
Hand deliver your application to any of the SEPSPEL offices below:
- Jinja office: Gabula Road opposite Crisis Pregnancy Centre
- Bugiri Office, near Gilgal Guest House
- Iganga Regional office, Kaliro Road near Sterling Construction offices/Mutukula Market
- Busia head Office, opposite Madibira P/S.
OR send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please use standard file types such as Microsoft Word (.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) and include all documents in one attachment.
Deadline: 19th April, 2016 by 2.00 PM (East Africa standard time)
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline