Job Title: Social Worker (SOCY) - (8 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda)
Project Name: USAID Sustainable Outcomes for Children and Youth (SOCY) Project
Duty Station: Wakiso, Mityana, Gomba and Rakai, Uganda
VA No.: TASO-2016-HR/4
REF: TS/HR/PM-CD 07
Reports to: Project Technical Lead (SOCY)
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda) is an organisation contributing to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of Life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease.
About USAID SOCY Project:
TASO will be implementing a Sustainable Outcomes for Children and Youth (SOCY) project targeting Orphans and Vulnerable Children in 4 districts of Wakiso, Mityana, Gomba and Rakai, funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) through Catholic Relief Services (CRS). The SOCY project interventions shall be focusing primarily on OVC Case Management and household economic strengthening through savings groups and associated interventions and parenting/caregiver programs.
Job Summary: The Social Worker- SOCY Project will play a focal role in the planning and implementation of Sustainable Outcomes for Children and Youth OVC interventions in the project area. The jobholder will work closely with the district and community structures to identify beneficiaries, conduct individual and household vulnerability and prioritization assessments and identify children, youth and care givers whose HIV status is unknown and link them to HCT, and those that are food insecure .
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the USAID Project Social Worker (SOCY) jobs should preferably hold Bachelor’s degrees or higher in Social Work & Social Administration (SWASA), Social sciences, Education, Community Psychology or Public Health. A related qualification in management studies is an added advantage
- Evidence of a professional qualification in HIV/AIDS Counselling
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a field position with an organization in public health or OVC programming
- Good computer skills in MS Office Applications and experience in strategic information
- Demonstrated community mobilization skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are invited to send an application letter, resume, copies of academic certificates, testimonials and three referees.
All interested Candidates MUST attach a fully filled Application Form, download here, or pick it from any TASO Centre and register in the applications book.
Note: Please firmly staple your papers together only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please forward your applications to:
The Director, Human Resource & Administration,
P.O. Box 10443,
OR Hand deliver your application to TASO HQ level II, located at Old Mulago Hospital
Deadline: 22nd April, 2016 by 4:30 pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline