Job Title: Interviewer (40 No Experience Diploma Jobs)
Organisation: Ministry of Health (MOH)
Funding Source: United States Government’s Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Team Lead
The Ministry of Health (MOH) in collaboration with iCAP at Columbia University received funding from the United States Government’s Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to implement the Uganda Population-based HIV Impact Assessment (UPHIA) survey. The main goal of the survey is to get a better understanding on the impact of public health interventions on the burden of HIV at national level. The survey will enroll approximately 35,000 participants across the entire country over a period of at least 7 months. ACLAIM Africa Limited, a Ugandan Management Firm is a Fiduciary Agent for the UPHIA Project.
Job Summary: The Interviewers will carry out individual interviews to participants who are eligible and consent to the survey. UPHIA interviewers will be required to conduct quality interviews using hand held tablets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Interviewer will collect all materials needed for fieldwork.
- Safely maintain the tablet and ensure that it is charged when needed.
- Take responsibility for the safety and good condition of all materials and equipment under his/her care Approach participants as assigned by Team Leader.
- Conduct individual interviews using the tablet.
- Carry out interview consent procedures using the tablet.
- Conduct biomarker consent procedures using the tablet.
- Complete interviews on the tablets with accuracy and reasonable speed.
- Conduct all other survey activities including collection of informed consent and interviewing participants in accordance with the procedures described in the interviewers manual. Responding to any questions that individuals have about the survey
- Identify participants who are in need of referrals. Provides such participants with appropriate referrals by completing the relevant referral form.
- Storing and transmitting survey data electronically as indicated by survey procedures
- Inform the Team Leader of interviews completed and partially completed on a daily basis.
- Schedule return visits for any incomplete interviews.
- May be assigned team lead roles.
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Interviewer jobs should hold a Diploma or above in any relevant field.
- Computer literacy i.e. able to work with computers and tablets.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Past experience working in large population surveys and/or census is desirable
- Ability to work on the program continuously for at least 7 months.
- Attend all technical trainings as outlined by survey Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Must be able to organize oneself and work dependent of close supervision.
- Ability to adapt to local field conditions.
- Willingness and commitment to work away from home and travel continuously.
- Applicants should be available for immediate training.
- All applicants should be able to read and write in English and at least one of the seven (7) major local languages spoken in Uganda namely; Ateso, Karamajong, Luganda, Lugbara, Luo, Runyakole-Rukiga and Runyoro-Rutoro.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send their applications including a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae and copies of academic certificates and send to:
ACLAIM Africa Ltd,
Plot M99 Nakasero Hill Lane,
P.O. Box 7202, Kampala, Uganda,
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 17th April, 2016
NB: If you have not heard from us by the end of May 2016, please consider your application unsuccessful although it may be kept on file for future reference.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline