Job Title: Program Assistant (4 Fresher Jobs)
Organization: RTI International
Project Name: USAID Literacy Achievement and Retention Activity Program (LARA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Masaka, Mbarara, Mityana, Uganda
Reports to: Program Coordinators
RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 3,700 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
About USAID LARA Program:
The Literacy Achievement and Retention Activity is a five-year USAID activity that supports the Ministry of Education Science Technology and Sports (MoESTS), Government of Uganda’s aim of improving early grade reading outcomes and enhancing safe school environments for children in primary grades utilizing EGR curriculum and methodologies. LARA is expanding the curriculum and methodologies developed and rolled out in SHRP districts to an additional 28 districts and will work with partners to improve reading skills in three local languages (Luganda, Runyoro/ Rutoro, Runyankole/ Rukiga) and English for early primary grades.
Job Summary: The Program Assistant will provide administrative support including establishing and maintaining project electronic and paper files, managing petty cash, providing support to track accounts payable and receivable, managing logistics (including purchase of supplies, making photocopies, reservations, etc.) for regional travel, liaising with suppliers, completing travel expense reports, organizing conferences and coordination meetings. The Program Assistant will develop and update vehicle usage and maintenance calendars and tracking system with senior project driver. The incumbent will also prepare procurement files and expense reports to ensure oversight and compliance with finance and procurement policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain project electronic and paper files
- Responsible for petty cash management
- Offer support to track accounts payable and receivable
- Manage logistics (including purchase of supplies, making photocopies, reservations, etc.) for regional travel
- Work closely with suppliers, including obtaining required 3 price quotes, processing payments and ensuring deliveries
- Provide office administrative support to project staff
- Keenly monitor project supplies at the location
- Manage office physical conditions including maintenance of office
- Answer phones and deliver messages
- Ensure travel expense reports are completed per RTI requirements
- Organize conferences and coordination meetings pertaining to project activities
- Develop and update vehicle usage and maintenance calendars and tracking system with senior project driver
- Offer technical support to regional staff as needed
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the USAID LARA Project Program Assistant career placements should hold Bachelor’s Degrees.
- One year of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic accounting skills
- Previous experience with mobile money payment platform
- Past exposure and experience reviewing accountabilities for accuracy, completeness, in line with policy
- Working knowledge of USAID grants management an added advantage.
- General office administration.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send updated CVs including three work related referees and cover letters to the Human Resource Manager by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails should not exceed 2MB.
Deadline: 20th April, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline