Organisation: Reproductive Health Uganda (RHU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Arua, Iganga, and Kapchorwa, Uganda
Reports to: Service Provider In-Charge
Reproductive Health Uganda (RHU) is a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), and its core mandate is to promote high quality, high-impact and gender sensitive Sexual & Reproductive Health and Rights information and services through capacity building, specialized service delivery, issue specific advocacy and strategic partnerships.
Job Summary: The Management Information Officer will oversee the branch’s health information system, patient data and filing system.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains a system of effective flow of data within and outside the branch
- The incumbent utilizes computerized data entry equipment and various word processing, spreadsheet and file maintenance programs to enter, store and/or retrieve information as required, and summarizes data in preparation of standardized reports
- Secures the safety and integrity of information by various means.
- Routinely verifies data entry; and combines data from different systems when information is inadequate; cleans data to eliminate duplication.
- Maintains client confidentiality and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Performs program support tasks such as organizes forms; photocopies; filing; orders and maintains project; makes reminder calls to client visits as required
- Conducts client satisfaction surveys and operational research and coordinates other research activities at the branch
- Provide technical back-stopping to data collectors
- Perform any other professional duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Management Information Officer job opportunity should hold a University degree in any of the following areas: Data Management, Records Keeping (preferred), etc
- One year of experience implementing projects related to data management. Individuals with NGO experience will have added advantage.
- The Management Information Officer must have competence in computer data entry using diverse computer programs with speed and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and work with frequent disruptions,
- Ability to solve problems and innovate and to works independently.
- Demonstrable data management skills and ability to write dearly and concisely.
- Keen attention to detail.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to either post or hand-deliver a letter of application with certified copies of academic transcripts, a detailed Curriculum Vitae and other relevant certificates plus contact addresses (e-mail) of three referees (including day time telephone numbers) to: The Executive Director, Reproductive Health Uganda, P.O. Box 10746 Kampala Or hand-deliver at: RHU Head Office, Plot 2, Katego Road, Kamwokya (Opposite Uganda Museum)
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Female applicants are encouraged to apply
Deadline: 15th April 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline