Organization: M-KOPA Solar Ltd
Duty Station: Northern, Uganda
Reports to: Service Centre Manager
About M-KOPA Ltd:
M-KOPA Solar, headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, is the global leader of "pay-as-you-go" energy for off-grid customers. Since its commercial launch in October 2012, M-KOPA has connected more than 150,000 homes in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania to solar power, and is now adding over 600 new homes each day. The success of M-KOPA (M= mobile, KOPA= to borrow) stems from making solar products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use installment plan. Customers acquire solar systems for a small deposit and then purchase daily usage "credits" for US $0.45, or less than the price of traditional kerosene lighting. After one year of payments customers own their solar systems outright and can upgrade to more power. All revenues are collected in real-time via mobile money systems (such as M-PESA in Kenya) and embedded GSM sensors in each solar system allow M-KOPA to monitor real time performance and regulate usage based upon payments. This connected design means that M-KOPA is processing vast amounts of data (i.e. over 10,000 mobile payments per day) via the company's proprietary cloud platform, M-KOPAnet. M-KOPA has been recognized for its pioneering business mode and scale, notably winning the 2015 Zayed Future Energy Prize, being selected as the top New Energy Pioneer at the 2014 Bloomberg New Energy Finance awards and earning the 2013 FT/IFC Excellence in Sustainable Finance Award.
Job Summary: The Deputy Service Manager will control quality at the Service Centre by providing excellent Customer Service to walk in customers as per the M-KOPA service policy and coordinating the cleaning and safeguarding of all properties at the Service Centre.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keenly review and update the activity book with all incoming and outgoing transactions as per M-KOPA stock handling policy.
- Resolve or escalate walk in customer queries in line with MKOPA customer care guidelines
- Maintain general cleanliness of the Service Centre by coordinating cleaner activities and making hourly checks of the Service Centre
- Distribute stock to DSRs as per the M-KOPA stock allocation policy
- Educate potential customers about product quality and pricing.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Deputy Service Manager vacancies should hold a diploma from a recognised institution in any related field.
- Customer centric.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the products and services provided
- Demonstrate high level of integrity, work ethics, and a proactive and positive attitude.
- Customer focused
- Team player with high levels of flexibility.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, problem solving and analytical skills.
- The applicant should be self-motivated & able to demonstrate a drive for results with a professional approach.
- Proven report-writing skills
- Good customer care and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
How to Apply:
All prospective employees should send in their applications including an updated detailed copy of the CV and a cover letter expressing why you feel you would be an excellent candidate for the role to: email@example.com with the subject "Deputy Service Manager" addressed to:
The Human Resource & Administration Manager,
M-KOPA Uganda Limited,
Plot 12 Eric Magala Road, Entebbe. Uganda
Deadline: 22nd May, 2016