Job Title: Lecturer (35 Job Vacancies) Agriculture (6 Jobs), Art & Design (3 Jobs), Business Education (3 Jobs), Chemistry (3 Jobs), English (3 Jobs), Geography (02), History (02), Mathematics (1 Job), Music (2 Jobs), Physics (1 Job), Sports Science (1 Job), Professional Studies (Dev’t Studies- 2 Jobs, Foundations of Education-4 Jobs, Psychology-2 Jobs)
Organization: Education Service Commission (ESC)
Duty Station: National Teachers’ Colleges (NTC), Uganda
Ref. No.: HRM 48/185/01 Vol. 35 (11)
Reports to: Senior Lecturer
The Education Service Commission (ESC) is established by article 167 91) of the 1995 Constitution of the Republic of Uganda and article 168 (1) sets out its functions, authority and autonomy in implementing its mandate. The vision of Education Service Commission is to see “quality education delivered by efficient and effective education service personnel.”
Job Summary: The Lecturers will be responsible for tutoring in the following areas i.e. Agriculture, Art & Design , Business Education, Chemistry, English , Geography, History, Mathematics , Music, Physics , Sports Science, Professional Studies (Dev’t Studies, Foundations of Education, Psychology)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, prepare and conduct lectures and practical lessons for students.
- Conduct continuous assessment and evaluation during the training
- Guide and counsel the Trainees/Students and subordinates.
- Actively participate in co-curricular activities and link the community with the College.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the relevant authority
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Lecturer jobs should hold an Honors Bachelor's Degree in Education or its equivalent obtained from a recognized University or Training Institution.
- Registered as a teacher with the Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Sports.
- Must have at least two teaching Subjects or Double Main Subjects that are relevant to the National Teachers' College Curriculum.
- A qualification in Teacher Education is an added advantage.
- Age: Below 50 years
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to fill in applications in triplicate and submit them to the Secretary, Education Service Commission P.O. Box 7196, Kampala, Uganda. The forms can be picked from Education Service Commission Offices, 1st Floor Farmers House on Parliamentary Avenue, Kampala, Ministry of Education & Sports Headquarters, Kampala and District Service Commission Offices, or can be downloaded from the ESC website, download here. Please alo attach the ESC Job Application Summary Form, download here.
The complete applications should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the post. Applicants should attach certified copies of their certificates and transcripts and any relevant document(s) plus three recent passport size photographs on each of the application forms. Serving officers must route their applications through their Head of Institution / Department, who should be advised on the closing date to ensure submission within the deadline.
Deadline: 2nd May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline