Organization: Plan International
Duty Station: Uganda
Plan International is an international non-profit and the largest child centered development organizations in the world. It was founded over 75 years ago and working in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan’s vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people’s rights and dignity. Plan International is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Programmes and Sponsorship Student Interns will mobilise communities for planned activities
- Actively participate in facilitation process during trainings, meetings and community dialogues
- Actively participate in home visits working together with the respective Community Development Facilitators and Community Volunteers
- Work in liaison with the Sponsored Children, their families, Volunteers and community leaders to generate quality and timely sponsorship communications
- Actively participate in generating sponsorship communications
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Student Interns should be studying a degree in Social Sciences / Development Studies/any related field in their second, third or fourth year of study.
- The Interns should be due for internship in the specified period.
Duration: July 2016 – September, 2016
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates for the Student Interns should submit the following:
- Application letter indicating course of study – preferably Social Sciences / Development Studies/any related field for Tororo and Adjumani Child Protection and study in Education for Adjumani – Education sector.
- Letter from respective University / Institution
- The objectives of the internship and the expected outcomes.
- Contact telephone numbers, names and contact details of three references.
Send them documents to:
The Country Human Resources Manager, Plan Uganda via Email to: email@example.com, indicating the job position in the subject line.
Deadline: 22nd April, 2016
NB: Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful in case you do not hear from us by
31st May 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline