Job Title: Head Teacher (221 Vacancies)
Organization: Education Service Commission (ESC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref. No.: HRM 48/185/01 Vol. 35 (01)
Reports to: Commissioner, Secondary Education
The Education Service Commission (ESC) is established by article 167 91) of the 1995 Constitution of the Republic of Uganda and article 168 (1) sets out its functions, authority and autonomy in implementing its mandate. The vision of Education Service Commission is to see “quality education delivered by efficient and effective education service personnel.”
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Head Teacher will be responsible for the overall administration and management of the School.
- Plan for the Physical development of the school and Professional development of the staff.
- Plan, organize, direct and coordinate the teaching programmes and activities of staff and students.
- The jobholder will ensure proper planning, budgeting and accountability of school activities and resources in consultation with the Board of Governors.
- Coordinate the functions of the Board of Governors and account to them and the Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Sports.
- Supervise and appraise all the staff and employees of the School.
- Oversee the activities concerning student admissions, provision of supplies and welfare services.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by the relevant authority.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Head Teacher jobs should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education or a Bachelor’s degree plus relevant graduate or postgraduate qualification in Education obtained from a recognized University or Training Institution.
- Registered as a teacher with the Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Sports.
- At least twelve (12) years’ teaching experience in a Government/Government aided Secondary School, three (03) of which should have been at the level of a substantive Deputy Head teacher.
- Possession of a Master’s degree in Education or a related field is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to fill in applications in triplicate and submit them to the Secretary, Education Service Commission P.O. Box 7196, Kampala, Uganda. The forms can be picked from Education Service Commission Offices, 1st Floor Farmers House on Parliamentary Avenue, Kampala, Ministry of Education & Sports Headquarters, Kampala and District Service Commission Offices, or can be downloaded from the ESC website, download here. Please alo attach the ESC Job Application Summary Form, download here.
The complete applications should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the post. Applicants should attach certified copies of their certificates and transcripts and any relevant document(s) plus three recent passport size photographs on each of the application forms. Serving officers must route their applications through their Head of Institution / Department, who should be advised on the closing date to ensure submission within the deadline.
Deadline: 22nd April, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline