Job Title: Service Provider (2 Job Vacancies)
Organisation: Reproductive Health Uganda (RHU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Luwero, Uganda
Reports to: Service Provider In-Charge
Reproductive Health Uganda (RHU) is a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), and its core mandate is to promote high quality, high-impact and gender sensitive Sexual & Reproductive Health and Rights information and services through capacity building, specialized service delivery, issue specific advocacy and strategic partnerships.
Job Summary: The Service Provider will provide Integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health & Rights (SRHR) services to all clients according to Ministry of Health (MOH) and RHU guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inform, educate, and communicate with clients, to motivate and enable them make informed SRHR choices, especially in the area of family planning and HIV/AIDS
- Provide quality integrated SRHR services to clients at all delivery points as per RHU’s SRHR service package
- The incumbent will refer clients where necessary, to defined referral point(s)
- Collect and maintain complete and accurate records of clients according to RHU/MOH guidelines
- Keenly analyze and utilize data to improve service delivery at health facilities
- Perform any other professional duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community Health.
- At least three years’ experience in providing integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health services. Individuals with previous NGO experience and experience offering family planning and HIV related services will have added advantage.
- Comprehensive knowledge and skills in providing integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health & Rights services including the delivery of long term and permanent methods of contraception
- Willingness and capacity to handle youth sexuality and reproductive issues;
- Demonstrated ability to write and submit quality reports within set deadlines;
- Competence in managing common tropical illnesses.
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure, and with minimum supervision.
- Skills in training and ability to generate and maintain accurate records
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to either post or hand-deliver a letter of application with certified copies of academic transcripts, a detailed Curriculum Vitae and other relevant certificates plus contact addresses (e-mail) of three referees (including day time telephone numbers) to: The Executive Director, Reproductive Health Uganda, P.O. Box 10746 Kampala Or hand-deliver at: RHU Head Office, Plot 2, Katego Road, Kamwokya (Opposite Uganda Museum)
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Female applicants are encouraged to apply
Deadline: 15th April 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline