Job Title: Programme Officer, M&E (2 Job Placements)
Organisation: AMREF Health Africa
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
AMREF Health Africa is an international African organization founded in Kenya in 1957. Our Headquarters are in Nairobi with major programmes in Ethiopia, Kenya, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda, and two regional nubs in Southern and Western Africa based in South Africa and Senegal Respectively. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa aims to close the gap that prevents people from accessing their basic right to health. Amref Health Africa is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities. Our Vision is Lasting Health Change in Africa.
Job Summary: The Programme Officer, M&E will be responsible for coordinating and leading the development and implementation of all M&E activities of Amref Uganda programme. The programme M&E Officer has the primary responsibility for identifying M&E needs, designing and maintaining data collection systems and for ensuring that all necessary information, from both routine reporting as well as from ad hoc data collection efforts and special studies, is collected, analyzed and used in guiding internal project planning and informing external partners about project activities and accomplishments. The M&E Officer carries out all appropriate analyses, including the use of complimentary data sets and secondary analysis, and fully documents activities and accomplishments in the form of reports, publications, and presentations. The incumbent will develop reporting systems and indicators to ensure quality, timely, and accurate data collection, including baseline values as is appropriate to track progress in meeting program objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder initiates the development/review of key M&E documents that include the M&E Plan, PMP and Implementation schedules among others.
- Offers support and review the projects plans, agree on performance indicators, methods of information collection and storage, monitoring time frames and roles/responsibilities for Country programs.
- Document and disseminate projects M&E frame works to all project Managers and stake holders.
- Assesses projects staff, local government staff, community Health Workers and VHTs capacity needs to appropriately use the activity report tools/forms and other performance related monitors for projects in Uganda country programs.
- The incumbent takes lead in database development and maintaining the projects information management system for the projects area and update the Amref Program Data for all Country projects.
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders and partners to ensure that the M&E system produces quality data required internally and externally as well as conduct data quality assessments.
- Serve as the point focal person for all M&E demands, queries and procedures and analyze projects quarterly, monthly work plans to assess for compliancy to donor requirements and realization of goals.
- Provides technical guidance to projects on integration of M&E into their TOR, work plans and Capacity building of projects in practices and processes for documentation.
- Actively participate in all concept note and proposal developments for the enhancements of the Uganda portfolio.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should have a minimum of five years’ experience working in development programs for public health with at least three years in WASH /SRH.
- Extensive knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies i.e. both quantitative and qualitative data collection, processing and analysis;
- Broad knowledge and understanding of routine health information systems, and literacy in management information systems;
- Demonstrated practical skills in data analysis and report writing.
- Computer skills especially statistical analysis using SPSS, Ms Access, STATA, Excel, among others
- Good knowledge of Programme cycle Management and Development
- Significant experience in monitoring and evaluation of development programs
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send an updated CV including three professional referees and cover letter addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Amref Health Africa in Uganda via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails should not exceed 2MB.
Deadline: 25th April, 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline