Job Title: Librarian (2 Job Careers)
Organization: Education Service Commission (ESC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref. No.: HRM 48/185/01 Vol. 35 (12)
Reports to: Deputy Principal
The Education Service Commission (ESC) is established by article 167 91) of the 1995 Constitution of the Republic of Uganda and article 168 (1) sets out its functions, authority and autonomy in implementing its mandate. The vision of Education Service Commission is to see “quality education delivered by efficient and effective education service personnel.”
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Librarian will coordinate the selection of suitable library and reference materials Supervise the classification and cataloguing of stock and issuing of books to users
- Oversee the preparation of accession bulletins and subject bibliographies
- The incumbent will also manage stock taking, weeding and general maintenance of the catalogue & filing
- Supervise & ensure the general security of library materials and equipment.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the relevant authority
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Library and Information Science obtained from a recognized University or Training Institution.
- Age: Below 50 years
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to fill in applications in triplicate and submit them to the Secretary, Education Service Commission P.O. Box 7196, Kampala, Uganda. The forms can be picked from Education Service Commission Offices, 1st Floor Farmers House on Parliamentary Avenue, Kampala, Ministry of Education & Sports Headquarters, Kampala and District Service Commission Offices, or can be downloaded from the ESC website, download here. Please alo attach the ESC Job Application Summary Form, download here.
The complete applications should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the post. Applicants should attach certified copies of their certificates and transcripts and any relevant document(s) plus three recent passport size photographs on each of the application forms. Serving officers must route their applications through their Head of Institution / Department, who should be advised on the closing date to ensure submission within the deadline.
Deadline: 2nd May, 2016