Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
Reports to: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID ASSIST Project:
The USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project is a five-year cooperative agreement (October 2012-September 2017) awarded to University Research Co., LLC and is dedicated to improving health, population and nutrition services through technical support to service delivery institutions, country Ministries of Health, USAID country missions, and cooperating agencies.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will strengthen facility and district data management and data quality systems for all program areas including HIV/AIDS care and treatment services, PMTCT, MNCH, FP, TB, Nutrition and malaria services. The jobholdet will be responsible for the daily implementation of monitoring activities at facility level including proper documentation at facilities, strengthening storage of HMIS tools and ensuring timely and accurate reporting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will manage and monitor the performance of all data collection systems at the facilities including HMIS tools completion. This includes building the capacity of health workers to continuously use the primary data collection tools.
- Offer technical support to the health information Assistants/records staff in ensuring implementation of Open-Medical Records System.
- Technically support the district focal persons for HMIS to analyze and report programmatic indicators.
- The incumbent will ensure timely reporting by all facilities within a district and ensure that data quality concerns are addressed before report submission.
- Keenly monitor HMIS tools stock status at facility and district level.
- Coordinate facility data and review meetings.
- Maintain and update the M&E QI database.
- Prepare and submit regularly updated progressive reports on the status of facility data for all program areas.
- Provide data for the ad-hoc reports as necessary
- Support and participate in quarterly review meetings to share experience and give feed-back on the project performance.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the USAID ASSIST Project Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant jobs should at least hold a Degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics or related field.
- One year of experience in design and implementation of data management systems.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability and willingness to travel within the supported districts
- Working knowledge of statistical packages such as SPSS, STATA, Epi Info and others.
- Previous experience working with MoH data management and reporting systems i.e HMIS, Mtrac, Open-MRS and DHIS2.
- Good analytical thinking and ability to interpret public health and epidemiological data.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send application letters, updated CVs, and relevant academic documents as well as names and contact information for three professional references and day time contact numbers to:
The Human Resource Officer- USAID ASSIST Project,
University Research Co., LLC, Plot 40, Ntinda II Road, Naguru,
P.O. Box 28745, Kampala, Uganda.
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 20th April 2016
NB: Please indicate the position in the subject if you are sending electronically. Applications will be shortlisted as they come in and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline