Job Title: Finance Officer (2 Career Jobs)
Organisation: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Manager
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading national humanitarian organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. The ICRC is an International humanitarian institution which has a mandate to protect victims of international and armed conflicts i.e. the wounded, refugees, civilians, prisoners and other non-combatants.
Job Summary: The Finance Officer will offer support in the maintenance of a system of accountability of all project grants and URC funds in line with URC financial policies and regulations
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare project monthly bank reconciliations and provide advice on any outstanding reconciling items not cleared since the last reconciliation.
- Maintain all control and security documents registers of the Project Funds.
- Keenly monitor and report on progress of implementation of projects against agreed work plans and budgets
- The Finance Officer will consolidate and prepare timely accurate financial donor reports in line with donor guidelines and URC policies and procedures.
- Follow up all project disbursements to ensure timely implementation of projects.
- Keenly review accountabilities for accuracy, completeness and conformity to M.O.U provisions, capturing expenditure in finance system and recommend transfer of funds in accordance to URC financial regulations
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Uganda Red Cross Society Finance Officer job placement should hold a Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or equivalent
- Possession of professional accounting qualification e.g. ACCA, CPA, CFA etc).
- Relevant professional qualifications and training in Finance, Project planning and management, Monitoring and evaluation are added advantages
- At least three years’ experience in a finance team
- Computer literacy i.e. experience in using Financial Management Information Systems (NAVISON accounting package is an added advantage).
- Good knowledge of donor financial accounting procedures
- Familiarity with operations of sub grant partners/community based organizations
- Working knowledge of budgeting and budgetary control
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good capacity building skills
- Good communication and networking skills
- High degree of integrity
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement should send their filled application forms, download here and E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail via post to: The Secretary General, Uganda Red Cross Society, Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road, P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 18th April 2016 by 5.00pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline