Job Title: Branch Manager (2 Job Opportunities)
Organization: Housing Finance Bank
Duty Station: Jinja, Tororo, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Manager- Retail Performance
Housing Finance Bank was incorporated as a private company under the Companies Act in December 1967, the Bank has become a household name and has grown in leaps and bounds with a good track record among the pioneers of a mortgage lending. National Housing & Construction Corporation, a parastatal involved in real estate business has 5% shareholding and National Social Security Fund (NSSF) holds 50% and the Government of Uganda holds 45%. Today, the bank looks back with pride on the business accomplished in the mortgage lending business. Through innovation and placing emphasis on Honesty, Integrity, Efficiency and Customer care, Housing Finance Bank is the leader in the mortgage, holding a 90% market share.
Job Summary: The Branch Manager will oversee the Housing Finance Bank branch and ensure proper monitoring of the implementation of the branch operations to aid the profitability of the business unit, business growth and manage risk management in line with departmental guidelines
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will draw strategies to grow the branch’s liability base and asset portfolios in line with the Bank's strategy.
- Actively monitor the achievement of customer service rating in accordance with the bank set standard
- Implement branch internal controls and procedures in line with the bank policy.
- Plan and coordinate the budgeting processes and monitor monthly performance and initiate corrective action.
- Regularly review, coordinate, monitor and authorize all the processes of opening, reactivation, adjustment, transfer and closure of all accounts in line with bank policies/procedures, KYC guidelines, CRB and money laundering guidelines.
- Carry out field visits and carry out the verification of loans to improve branch portfolio quality.
- Prepare and submit branch performance reports and present them to all stake holders for review in accordance to set standards.
- Regularly monitor and implement compliance of credit risk frame work in order to keep portfolio asset quality within acceptable levels
- Plan, review and evaluate staff development and performance needs in line with existing HR policies and PM guidelines
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold an honours degree in business or related field from a recognized University.
- Possession of Post-graduate qualifications / Professional Course in relevant discipline would be an added advantage.
- At least five years of progressive experience in business growth and Branch operations, preferably progressive experience in credit
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Laws and regulations relating to lending in Financial Institutions.
- Computer literacy skills
- Good credit analysis
- Good marketing and sales skills
- Good relationship management skills
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the Banking sector are invited to send their applications including an updated CV, certified copies of all academic transcripts, certificates and testimonials, daytime telephone contact, and email address of both applicant, and three competent referees addressed to:
Head Human Resources, Housing Finance Bank, Plot 4 Wampewo Avenue; P. O. Box 1539, Kampala. Uganda.
NB: Only successful candidates will be contacted. All applicants who will not have heard from us within two weeks of closing date should consider their application unsuccessful.
Deadline: 2nd May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline