Organisation: Ankole Private Sector Promotion Centre Ltd (APROCEL)
Project Name: USAID Sustainable Outcomes for Children and Youth (SOCY) Project
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Youth Program Officer
Ankole Private Sector Promotion Centre Ltd (APROCEL) is a company Limited by guarantee operating in 10 Districts of Ankole Region. It is aimed at poverty reduction in the communities by provision of social Economic Development Services in the community.
About USAID SOCY Project:
APROCEL will be implementing a Sustainable Outcomes for Children and Youth (SOCY) project targeting Orphans and Vulnerable Children in Bushenyi and Ntungamo Districts, funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) through Catholic Relief Services (CRS). The SOCY project interventions shall be focusing primarily on OVC Case Management and household economic strengthening through savings groups and associated interventions and parenting/caregiver programs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The Youth Field Officers will be responsible for the following;
- In charge of mobilizing communities to form SILC groups
- The jobholder will collect and compile data for all the activities implemented in the field
- Form, train and supervise beneficiaries in SILC and PBAs.
- In charge of the formation of youth life skill groups and community skills training
- Carry out trainings for the faithful house to enable beneficiaries acquire skills for the TFH model
- Mentor and train couples in couple communication using the faithful house curriculum.
- Carry out follow-ups for couples enrolled in the faithful house at house level
- Mobilize youth clubs (in or out of school) for adolescents.
- Mentor and train youth clubs for adolescents and apprentices in OVC households using an evidenced-based curriculum created by Aflatoun
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the USAID SOCY Project Youth Field Officers Jobs should hold a diploma in business related or social work related fields
- Reliable and with high level integrity
- Fluent in local language in Bushenyi and Ntungamo.
- Age: Between 23-35 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons who wish to join the USAID Project should send their applications with updated CVs, copies of their academic certificates indicating the position you are applying for in the top corner of the sealed envelope and address it to or hand deliver to:
Ankole Private Sector Promotion Centre Ltd,
Opposite Bayport Financial Services,
P.O. Box 322, Bushenyi. Uganda
Deadline: 2nd May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline