Job Title: Team Lead- Reproductive Health
Organisation: Program for Accessible health, Communication and Education (PACE)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Programs
Program for Accessible health, Communication and Education (PACE) is a Ugandan indigenous health organization leading solutions in the health market through the private sector. We deploy social marketing approaches to measurably improve the health of Ugandans. PACE is looking for professionals with the passion to advance development programs in the areas of Malaria, HIV/AIDS, Reproductive Health, Child Survival and Maternal & Child Health. For more information, please visit www.pace.org.ug
Job Summary: The Team Lead- Reproductive Health will primarily implement Reproductive Health programs in line with PACE's vision, mission and provide technical guidance in the direct implementation of these programs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in consultation with the regional teams to develop quarterly and annual work plans, budgets and monitor budget expenditures against work plan for the related programs/projects.
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, annual and end of program/ projects reports to the senior management team, donors, ministry of health and other relevant stakeholders.
- Build and maintain advocacy and networking efforts within existing, previous and potential donors, ministry of health and other relevant stakeholders for the continuity of program interventions.
- Carry out quarterly program performance monitoring visits to the regional teams that provide continuous strategic and technical direction to field staff, implementing partners and program beneficiaries.
- Work with other PACE senior management team to formulate new programs (at least once a year) in priority health areas that lead to achievement of PACE’s strategic objectives.
- Work with the Quality improvement specialist to ensure all protocols for quality service delivery and periodically are observed in program implementation by the regional teams and other implementing partners.
- Work with the PACE supply chain department to ensure accurate forecasting, timely contracting and procurement of supplies, commodities and equipment for RH projects
- Develop and adopt relevant training curricula, standard operating procedures, IEC materials and job aides for PACE implementing partners for the different RH program interventions
- Provide leadership to all PACE sub-awardees and grantees that implement RH programs in order to ensure delivery of expected outputs and expenditure is in line with approved budget
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The PACE Team Lead- Reproductive Health should ideally hold a good bachelor’s degree in Health a requirement, masters degree in Public Health an added advantage
- Additional training in Project Planning and Management is an added advantage
- At least two years’ experience in planning and managing public health programs, financial management and budget experience is a plus in a donor funded Non-government organization is preferred.
- Working with rural communities, local partners including local government is an added advantage
- Extensive knowledge of Human Resources for Health programs
- Prior experience in training health care workers
- Possess excellent writing and editing skills
- Proven ability to communicate colleagues and team player
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with various partners including MoH, Local governments, CBOs and other NGOs.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to the Head of People and Culture PACE, Plot 2 Ibis Vale-Kololo, P.O. Box 27659, Kampala. Uganda
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline: Tuesday 25th February 2014
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline