Job Title: Senior M&E Specialist - Health
Organization: QED Group, LLC
Project: USAID/Uganda Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief of Party
The QED Group, LLC is a full-service international development firm that provides practical solutions to social problems through sound analysis, proven management techniques, and creative implementation. We focus our efforts on two core practice areas: Monitoring & Evaluation and Knowledge Management. We work with U.S. agencies and overseas governments, international donors, private-sector clients, and PVOs/NGOs in more than 80 countries around the world. Key clients include USAID, the U.S. Department of State, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and the U.S. Trade and Development Agency.
About USAID Project:
The USAID/Uganda Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning project (Learning Contract) is the five-year organizational program support vehicle through which USAID/Uganda will pursue realizing its development objectives within the complicated and shifting Ugandan development context. The purpose of the Learning Contract is to provide monitoring, evaluation and learning support services and build capacity of USAID/Uganda to implement USAID’s Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting methodology to strengthen the implementation of USAID/Uganda’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy and enhance USAID’s organizational effectiveness.
Job Summary: The Senior M&E Specialist-Health (Sr. M&E-Health) will ensure the provision of M&E and learning services to USAID/Uganda. The primary responsibilities of the Sr. M&E-Health is to provide M&E, analytical and sectoral technical assistance in the area of Health.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the implementation of Component 1: Strengthening USAID/Uganda’s M&E performance, as well as support the other Components.
- Manages PRS sector data, assists with Mission reporting requirements and analyzes data.
- Assists with evaluations, surveys and assessments.
- Review performance monitoring plans (PMPs) developed by implementing partners (IPs) and develop a framework that consolidates data submitted by IPs
- Assist in the drafting, editing, production and submittal of project technical reports (assessments, evaluations, monitoring reports, etc.) and other deliverables.
- Assess the Mission’s progress towards achieving its Assistance Objectives (AOs) by using Mission and project-level Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) data to review actual results against Results Frameworks.
- Provide independent verification of performance data reported by implementing partners through monitoring, assessment, and evaluation of USAID/Uganda programs.
- Participate in Data Quality Assessment (DQA) with a view to understanding and verifying the validity of data provided by implementing partners
- Provide M&E technical assistance and training to help raise the profile and understanding of M&E and the principle of “Managing for Results” to improve program implementation and programmatic and resource decision-making.
- Work with USAID’s implementing partners to ensure the timely and accurate reporting of PRS data.
- Use performance management best practices and the data collected through monitoring, assessments, and evaluations to assist in the development and maintenance of a knowledge and performance management system that enhances the Mission’s capacity to respond in a timely fashion to diverse information requests from internal and external stakeholders, including Mission management, USAID/Washington, the U.S. Embassy in Uganda, Congress, and audit agencies.
- Assist the CoP with outreach and engagement with the private sector, Government of Uganda and other donors, as required.
- Assist in the drafting, editing, and implementation of annual work-plans and other internal tools as required.
- Perform other tasks as appropriate
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
· The Senior M&E Specialist-Health should have at ten years of progressively-responsible experience in M&E for USAID and/or other donor-funded development programs.
- Technical expertise in the health sector, particularly health service strengthening, sexual and reproductive health, maternal and child health, and nutrition.
- Extensive experience with statistical analysis and sampling strongly preferred.
- Experience conducting monitoring and evaluation of USAID projects required.
- Ability to build positive working relationships with USAID and other U.S. government agencies and stakeholders in Uganda.
- Experience in knowledge management and/or communications preferred.
- Positive track record of quality work and deliverables.
- An advanced degree in a relevant discipline required.
- Experience conducting routine program monitoring and external evaluations required.
- Strong organizational, writing and communications skills.
- Fluency in English required, knowledge of Swahili, Luganda and/or other local languages is an advantage.
- Ability to coordinate well with personnel within and outside the project, meet deadlines, and work with minimal supervision.
- Computer literacy, with ability to generate, analyze and interpret data using basic analysis programs.
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV and cover letter expressing interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ATTN: Uganda Senior M&E Specialist - Health. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 29th January, 2014