Job Ref: NMS 2014/02
Job Title: Research Assistant
Organization: National Medical Stores (NMS)
Reports to: Research and Development Officer
Salary Scale: Grade 6
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
National Medical Stores is an autonomous Corporation that was established by an Act of Parliament 1993. Our mandate is to procure, store and distribute medicines and other medical supplies to public health facilities. Our vision is “A Population with Adequate and Accessible Quality Medicines and Medical Supplies.” Our Mission is “To effectively and efficiently supply essential medicines and medical supplies to public health facilities in Uganda”
Job Summary: The Research Assistant will offer assistance for research by participating in research design and implementation as well as participating in market surveys.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Designing research proposals.
- Conducting research on assigned topics.
- Analyzing research Data.
- Undertaking market survey of prevailing prices of pharmaceuticals, medical sundries and other supplies.
- Perform any other duties assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess an Honours Bachelor’s degree in Statistics or Quantitative Economics from a recognized University.
- Additional training in Health related research is an added advantage.
- At least two years’ experience in health related research with a reputable organisation.
- Good Computer knowledge including statistical packages for analyzing research data and specifically EPI data, EPI info and SPSS.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send their via post or hand deliver applications to: The Head of Human Resource and Support Services, National Medical Stores, Plot 4-12, Nsamizi Road, P.O Box 16, Entebbe, Uganda.
The applications should include updated CVs that should include names and addresses of the last two employers with hand written applications indicating the reference number of the position you are applying for and giving three referees with their full time telephone contacts, email and postal addresses indicated on the application letter.
Photocopies of the original academic documents should be attached.
Please note that National Medical Stores reserves the right to verify Photocopies of the academic documents attached with the relevant awarding institutions to authenticate their validity. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only candidates who meet the specifications indicated for the jobs will be contacted.
Deadline: 20th January, 2014
NB: National Medical Stores is an equal opportunity employer.
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline