Job Title: Quality Control Officer (BRAC Agriculture Program- BRAC Social Business Enterprise Ug. Ltd)
Organization: BRAC International Uganda
Duty Station: BRAC Uganda Nakaseke Farm, Uganda
BRAC, the largest non-governmental development organization in the world, is working in a number of countries in Africa and Asia, with a view to alleviate poverty. The organization implements integrated development approach combining education, health, agriculture, Livestock, adolescent empowerment, and micro finance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop company Quality Assurance (QA) policies and procedures and ensure standard quality of BRAC seed according to guidelines for QA.
- Follow-up on all procedures.
- Confirm production results by location; test and sample product according to Quality standard manual.
- Make sure sorting of non-seeds (all nonconforming products) for standard quality of seed.
- Ensure to remove off type plan from seed production field.
- Work with all outside growers to produce best quality seed as follow modern agricultural practices and make sure good quality during the purchase.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Quality Control Officer must possess a bachelor’s degree in Agriculture.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in related field.
- At least 2-3 years management experience in seed quality control.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate with staff and work with other programs.
- Good working knowledge of personal computers and related business software such as work, Ms office access
Age: Not more than 35 years.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with this prestigious NGO, BRAC International, should send their applications including a cover letter, an Updated CV stating bibliography and detailed permanent address, photocopy of their academic papers, 2 copies of colored passport size photographs, LC1 recommendation letter, and a day time contact number and send through post office to: the Human Resource Department, BRAC Uganda, Busingiri Zone in Nyanama off Entebbe Road, P. O. Box 31817, Clock Tower, Kampala, Uganda.
NB: (Please this is to inform the general public that Clock Tower is post office where you should send your application, while Nyanama is where BRAC Country Offices are, so avoid the mistakes of going to post office whenever called upon for interviews.
Deadline: 24th January, 2014