Organisation: Nkumba University
Duty Station: Nkumba University, Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Director, Quality Assurance
Nkumba University is a private chartered University (Legal Notice No. 3 of 2007). Its mission is to provide an environment that enables the cultivation of Competence, Confidence, Creativity and Character in the academic, professional and social interaction. The University is strengthening its management and administrative systems to enhance both policy initiation and implementation through recruitment of highly qualified and committed individuals.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Liaise with all departments in the preparation of quality assurance programmes
- Assist in the formulation of standards for departments in the university.
- Direct departments and units in the implementation of quality assurance policies.
- Develop and administer tools for assessment of the quality of non academic activities
- Participate in the formulation and implementation of quality assurance policies
- Prepare reports on quality assurance on all facilities and services.
- Assist in the preparation of the training of university staff in quality assurance issues
- Monitor the quality of facilities and services in the university.
- Participate in any activity that promotes the university’s quality assurance mechanism.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must possess a master’s degree in one of the following discipline: Higher Education in Management, Education Planning and Management, Project Planning and Management, Economic Policy and Planning, Quantitative Economics OR Statistics
- Post graduate in Monitoring and Evaluation shall be an added advantage
- At least three years relevant experience in a similar position in a higher education institution or organization.
- Effective oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent planning skills
- Computer knowledge and skills particularly Microsoft Office software packages.
- Ability to organize and coordinate strategic planning activities.
- Possession of professional report writing skills.
- Skills in formulation and monitoring of quality assurance policies.
- Integrity, Creativity & Innovative
How to Apply:
All those willing to work in one of Uganda’s leading higher institutions of learning should please hand deliver 13 copies of the following documents to the address below OR hand delivered:
- Duly signed applications indicating telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
- Detailed curriculum vitae.
- Copies of certificates and three sealed letters of reference.
The University Secretary,
P.O. Box 237, Entebbe. Uganda.
NB: Please clearly indicate the post applied for on the envelope (‘‘Application for the
position of ………’’.). Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Deadline: 3rd February 2014 by 5:00 p.m.