Job Title: Project Manager
Organisation: Enterprise Uganda (EUg)
Project: Strengthening Women Entrepreneurs’ Project (SWEP II)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director – Business Advisory Services/ Program Coordinator
Enterprise Uganda (EUg), in partnership with the Norwegian government is implementing the Strengthening Women Entrepreneurs’ Project (SWEP II) in Northern Uganda. The 3-year project (2013- 2016) seeks to economically empower 5,000 rural and semi-rural women in Northern and Eastern Uganda (The Greater North) to become the main vehicle for expanding production and productive capacity, increasing household income, alleviating poverty and enhancing economic growth.
Job Summary: The Project Manager will be responsible for the daily running of the SWEP II project and will oversee project strategy, implementation and coordination and ensure that the project objectives and the results specified in the project document are achieved.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Project strategy, implementation and coordination.
- Partnership development and management.
- Financial planning and management.
- Monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Personnel management.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Director, Business and Advisory Services.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should be a Ugandan national with a Masters degree in Economics, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Entrepreneurship Development or a business-related discipline;
- At least five years’ practical experience in program management of gender related livelihood improvement programs;
- Demonstrable experience in nurturing micro and small business enterprises, small holder farmers’ enterprises as well as other SMEs;
- Prior experience of donor management and reporting;
- Excellent computer literacy skills;
How to Apply:
All candidates interested in jobs aforementioned should send a hand-written application letters/capability statement and CV to: Executive Director, Enterprise Uganda, Plot 38, Lumumba Avenue, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 20th of January, 2014.