Job Title: Resourcing & Talent Management Specialist
Organisation: Monitor Publications Limited (MPL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Human Resources
Monitor Publications Limited, a Nation Media Group Company is Uganda’s most influential media house, operating The Daily Monitor and Sunday Monitor newspapers, 93.3KFM, 90.4 Dembe FM, Nation Couriers and the Monitor Business Directory.
Job Purpose: The Resourcing & Talent Management Specialist will be primarily responsible for attracting and retaining right talent in MPL, by leading the resourcing process and ensuring talent management process is in order to position MPL as a strong employer brand which will enable the organization to meet its objective.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and implement strategies to identify, attract and hire best in class talent
- Develop and implement processes to create best-in-class on-boarding experience for the new joiners
- Work closely with all business leaders to determine strategic hiring needs and ensure that the operations are aligned to the strategic needs
- Develop and manage pool of qualified candidates in advance of recruitment needs
- Monitor closely the hiring budget and participate with management in preparing staffing budgets, manpower projections, employment policies, procedures and practices
- Develop the initiatives that will strengthen the employer brand in order to attract and retain the best talent
- Periodically strengthen the sourcing channels by liaising with educational institutions, employment agencies, placement firms, and other sources of applicants.
- Ensure Talent Management process including talent reviews, identification of top talent, succession planning, and development planning and cascading of the Talent Management process in MPL.
- Manage employee exits to ensure that all leavers complete the clearance process and are taken through the exit interview before final payments are made
- Keep up to date records on staff exits, promotions, transfers and ail other staffing changes
- Perform any other key job tasks as assigned by the Head of Human Resources.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The applicant should possess a good University Degree in Human Resource Management, Social Sciences or any other related field from an accredited institution
- Professional Qualification and or Post Graduate Degree in relevant field e.g. Human Resource, Organizational Development or Organizational Psychology.
- At least five years’ experience in HR.
- Significant exposure to recruitment and resourcing best practice (interviews, assessment centers, attraction, and process improvement) is essential.
- Excellent Communication skills oral and written
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- High standards of Integrity
- Ability to influence
- High Business Acumen
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Highly organized with ability to multitask Assertive, proactive and diligent with commitment to high standards of service delivery.
- Creative and innovative, with a forward thinking approach
- Ability to prioritize, organize own workload and manage projects to completion
- Ability to work well under pressure and with tight time constraints
- Good knowledge of the country labor laws
- Ability to make sound judgment & decisions, providing advice and guidance on all HR organizational matters.
How to Apply:
All potential job suitors with a desire to work in one of Uganda’s leading Media Houses, Monitor Publications should send their applications with detailed CVs and academic documents with a daytime telephone number to: The Resourcing and Talent Management Specialist, Monitor Publications Ltd. P.O. Box 12141, Kampala, Uganda. Or you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org: Please include the title of the position applied for in the subject line.
NB: Please Note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 17th January 2014
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline