Job Title: Licensing Officer
Organization: Uganda Retirement Benefits Regulatory Authority (URBRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Licensing Officer
The Uganda Retirement Benefits Regulatory Authority manages retirement plans for Uganda's public workforce by serving as the fiduciary stewards of the contributions and disbursements of the pension trust funds. In partnership with the state's public employers, we help ensure that they can offer their employees a comprehensive retirement plan that is responsive to their needs and is equitable to all stakeholders.
URBA’s primary mandates include;
- Regulate the establishment, management and operation of retirement benefits schemes in Uganda in both private and public sector
- Supervise institutions which provide retirement benefits products and services
- Protect the interest of member and beneficiaries of retirement benefits schemes
- Promote the development of the retirement benefits sector
- Provide for licensing for custodians, trustees, administration and fund managers of retirement benefits schemes, the appointment of inspectors and interim administrators.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and perform preliminary checks on licensing applications for compliance with application procedures
- Advise applicants on application and review procedures
- Assess premises for the imposition of licensing conditions and to make recommendations regarding appropriate conditions.
- Ensure that licensing application records and databases are updated and properly maintained according to the set standards document management procedures
- Carry out inspections and investigate complaints related to legislative requirements and license conditions, including where appropriate conformity with technical standards.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Licensing Officer must possess a Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Law, Finance, Economics, Commerce, Business Studies or Statistics
- At least a year’s experience in a relevant area
How to Apply:
If you believe you are the right candidate and would love to contribute to the Ugandan pension sector, please deliver your application and CV clearly detailing your suitability for the position in terms of required qualifications and experience to the URBRA reception on 3rd Floor, Plot 1 Clement Hill road, Kampala, Uganda or send via E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 24th January, 2014