Job Title: Cashiers
Organization: Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Branch Accountant
Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 31 networked branches countrywide and 4 contact offices; regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003. Pride is an equal opportunity employer and is looking for mature and experienced individuals to fill the vacancy above. These are dream career opportunities for highly dynamic, creative and innovative astute performers within the financial sector with a passion for growth.
Job Summary: The Cashier will be responsible for processing and posting all across-the-counter cash transactions on behalf of Pride in accordance to set financial policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Take all deposits and pay customers across the counter and ensure that all deposit and withdrawal transactions are handled with accuracy and according to laid down policies and procedures.
· Scrutinize the details of each transaction to ensure that the Company is protected against fraudsters and money laundering.
· Exercise prudence and safeguard cash and other valuable items/ instruments such as cheques, controlled stationery, stamps etc, in his/her custody during the course of conducting business.
· Instantaneously post all transactions made in a day.
· Perform any other job tasks related to the financial responsibilities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· All potential job suitors should hold a Diploma of Commerce, Economics, Microfinance, Development Economics, Development studies, Business studies, International Business, Accounting and Finance, Marketing, Financial Services, Business Computing, Business Statistics, Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management, Social Sciences, SWASA, Education or in any other relevant / related field.
· The applicants should also possess two principle passes at Advanced Level and credit passes in English and Mathematics at Ordinary Level.
· Prior experience selling products and services is an added advantage.
· Excellent customer awareness and good emotional intelligence skills
· Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· The applicant should be willing to work in any part of the country.
· Fluency in commonly used local languages in Uganda.
Age: Less than 27 years of age.
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet our requirements, have the necessary skills and experience, you desire to succeed and make a difference, then apply indicating your current salary, salary expectation and attach a detailed CV, copies of complete academic transcripts and professional certificates, postal address, names of three professional referees and a daytime telephone contact to: The Head Human Capital Management, Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI), Victoria Office Park, Block B, Bukoto, Plot 6-9 Ben Kiwanuka Okot Close, P.O. Box 7566, Kampala - Uganda Tel: +256 414 346297/346930/258150, +256 312 262365/6 Fax: +256 414 346 147 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Monday, 6th January 2014.