Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Organization: Uganda Retirement Benefits Regulatory Authority (URBRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Human Resource Officer
The Uganda Retirement Benefits Regulatory Authority manages retirement plans for Uganda's public workforce by serving as the fiduciary stewards of the contributions and disbursements of the pension trust funds. In partnership with the state's public employers, we help ensure that they can offer their employees a comprehensive retirement plan that is responsive to their needs and is equitable to all stakeholders.
URBA’s primary mandates include;
- Regulate the establishment, management and operation of retirement benefits schemes in Uganda in both private and public sector
- Supervise institutions which provide retirement benefits products and services
- Protect the interest of member and beneficiaries of retirement benefits schemes
- Promote the development of the retirement benefits sector
- Provide for licensing for custodians, trustees, administration and fund managers of retirement benefits schemes, the appointment of inspectors and interim administrators.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify needs for new or modified human resources policies, practices and reviews, and recommends amendments or actions accordingly as required.
- Analyze human resources procedures and contribute to the development or develop human resources policies.
- Analyze, evaluate and take action on requests from managers and staff, providing guidance and advice as required, while taking into account URBRA requirements, policies and practices.
- Recruit and/or support recruitment of staff
- Collaborate with all departments to ensure consistency of application in the recruitment and administration of staff.
- Determine, administer and provide advice on salary/payroll and related benefits, travel, social security entitlements, other allowances and incentives on the basis of contractual status and in line with HR rules and regulations.
- Monitor the appropriate use of various types of employee contracts.
- Oversee the Receptionist, Office Assistants and Drivers
- Administrative transactions including preparation of personnel actions, maintenance of staffing tables, and processing of contracts;
- Provide advice to staff and managers with respect to performance management issues:
- Assess training needs of URBRA staff and develop and organize appropriate training, in collaboration with other departments
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The HR Officer should hold a Bachelor's degree in Arts, Human Resource management, Social Sciences, Business Administration, Management or a related discipline
- An additional Post Graduate qualification in Human Resource Management will be an added advantage
- At least a year’s experience in Human Resource Management
How to Apply:
If you believe you are the right candidate and would love to contribute to the Ugandan pension sector, please deliver your application and CV clearly detailing your suitability for the position in terms of required qualifications and experience to the URBRA reception on 3rd Floor, Plot 1 Clement Hill road, Kampala, Uganda or send via E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 24th January, 2014
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline