Job Title: Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
Organization: World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF)
Project Name: Sustainable Financing of the Rwenzori Mountains National Park (RMNP) Project Uganda
Funding Source: European Union (EU)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Finance & Administration Officer
WWF is one of the world's largest independent and experienced Conservation organizations operating in over 100 Countries in the world. WWF UCO implements a number of national programmes promoting environment conservation in Uganda. WWF's mission is to stop the degradation of our planet's natural environment, and build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature.
About RMNP Project:
WWF UCO with funding from the European Union is implementing the “Sustainable Financing of the Rwenzori Mountains National Park (RMNP) Project Uganda” a project aimed at promoting sustainable conservation financing within the Rwenzori Landscape. The Project will be implemented in partnership with the mandated Government Institutions, Civil Society Organizations, the private sector and communities within the Rwenzori Landscape.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant/Receptionist will be charged with the proper handling of the front desk, ensuring all incoming and out-going calls are attended to in addition to professionally attending to the organization’s guests. Additionally, the job holder will administratively support the operations of the organization by liaising with the Office Assistants to ensure good office stewardship. Internally the position will interact with all project staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Front Desk:
- Receiving and guiding all visitors to WWF UCO.
- Providing general information to visitors about WWF UCO and where possible about the network.
- Undertake switchboard operations namely:
- Receive and transfer(distribute) all incoming calls;
- Book all outgoing calls as requested;
- Record all outgoing trunk and International calls on a permanent register;
- Promptly report to Telkom of any breakdowns affecting WWF telephone lines.
- Keeping the reception area neat and tidy at all times.
- Act as the primary point of contact, alert the Administration Officer or Senior management of any incidences that may pose a security risk to the office or staff.
- Ensure that all important visitors to the WWF UCO sign the visitors’ book and that the book is properly handled.
2. Administrative Duties: Support the Administration/Operative team as regards:
- Liaising with Office Assistants, ensure that photocopying and binding of documents is done as requested by senior staff;
- Ensure that recording and franking of out-going mail with liaison of Office Assistants is done and charged to respective projects accordingly;
- Monitor the fax machine for all incoming and outgoing faxes. Ensure that all incoming faxes are distributed to the relevant staff immediately. Ensure that all outgoing faxes are promptly transmitted.
- Ensure that all the main doors and windows (general areas) to the WWF offices are duly locked securely after office hours.
- Liaising with the Finance & Administration Volunteer, analyse all the telephone/fax bills monthly with a view to ensuring that costs are properly charged to the relevant cost centres.
- Liaise with the Executive Assistant in managing and maintaining the weekly leave in/out schedule.
- Liaising closely with the Executive Assistant, Country Director's Office, develop and maintain a partner's contact database regularly.
- Work in collaboration with the Head of Finance and Administration to ensure regular responses to employment cum business requests are done regularly.
- Provide secretarial support services to senior staff as requested.
- Upon requests from the Communications Unit, assist the department in maintaining a radio database.
- Help with bookings of the boardroom in consultation with the Administration Officer.
- Perform filing of documents emanating from the Administration Officer such as visas, work permits, foreign affairs, imports, quotations, etc.
- Ensure the faxing of travel authorisation forms and forwarding the same to Accounts department.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by line manager or his/her seniors
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The prospective WWF employee should possess a good Ordinary Level Certificate.
- The Administrative Assistant must be a trained Secretary cum Receptionist with at least three years’ experience in a busy office;
- Excellent computer applications knowledge e.g. MS office;
- Excellent use of email systems;
- Fluency in English Language, both spoken and written. Knowledge of French will be an added advantage;
- Good physical outlook with excellent interpersonal skills, a pleasant personality;
- Excellent team player;
- Ready to work for long hours
- All aspiring job holders should adhere to the WWF values of being knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send their cover letters, updated CVs, and academic transcripts to the People Development Manager, WWF Uganda, at firstname.lastname@example.org. A detailed job description may be accessed at www.panda.org/uganda.
Physical Office: WWF Uganda Country Office, Plot 2, Sturrock Road, Kololo P.O. Box 33513, Kampala - Uganda
NB: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Deadline: 29th January 2014