Job Title: Documentation and Learning Officer
Organisation: Independent Development Fund (IDF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Programme Results Manager (PRM)
The Independent Development Fund is a Ugandan non- political, non- governmental, not for profit grant mechanism, providing support to civil society organizations to promote human rights, access to justice and social accountability in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Documentation and Learning Officer will strengthen documentation of results from IDF supported work; facilitate learning among IDF grantees and other stakeholders and production/publishing of high quality information materials including videos, fact sheets and journals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer technical support to IDF grantees in the area of documenting project results into well packaged products for sharing during learning.
- Collect and analyze data on the impact of IDF’s programs and identify factors that facilitated or hampered the effective program implementation.
- Identify and articulate the lessons learned from each project for strengthening the project development process.
- Support the PRM to prepare progress reports and other reporting requirements.
- Work with the M & E Officer to strengthen results management and reporting.
- Support Programme staff in organizing and managing training and learning events of IDF grantees.
- Generate synthesized grantee reports and case studies.
- Properly document communication materials and knowledge products.
- Package results and case studies in different publishable products.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Programme Results Manager (PRM).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should possess an advanced degree in mass communication/ journalism or Development Work with a bias in communication preferably at master’s level or its equivalent.
- Additional qualifications in the areas of human rights and good governance will be an added advantage.
- At least three years of relevant professional experience.
- Working experience in the media will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
If interested in working in the Independent Development Fund (IDF) in the portfolio of “Documentation and Learning Officer,” please send your CV and cover letter with three work related references to the address or e-mail below. Please mark your application: " INFO-IDF." E-mails must not exceed 2 MB.
NB: While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
People Performance Group, Plot 8 Kitante Close, Kitante P.O. Box 12405, Kampala - Uganda
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Attn,: The HR Consultant
Deadline: 24th January, 2014 by 5pm
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline